Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put the polar shim and head kit and boysen reeds on my machz and i seem to have lost power with the same clutch setup i lost rpm with the setup that i have ran 8200 with the engine stock and now its running 6800 to 7000 whats up ? isnt rpm supposed to go up if i have more power not down now i have to run the clickers at 6 to get some rpms before i was on 3 CAN SOMEONE CLEAR THIS UP WHATS WRONG WITH THE MODS I HAVE DONE ? i read somewhere that power should have been around 8000 rpm. thanks for any help.? :angry: :angry: :angry: :cussing:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sounds like you better do a compression or leak down test,is there any chance that you didnt get the ring back against the dowel???I have done several of these kits and reeds on machs and they all had more power...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sorry after reading your post I noticed you put on Boyseen reeds.Are these attached to your stock reed cages??? Better make sure that the reed tips are fully seated against the cages.Also hate to ask but theres no chance you left a shop rag in the air box,carb,port or something like that??Im only asking cause I have done it on a car or two while doing engine work,OOPPPs

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
That thing sould be rocking. Check for an air leak. Also, what jetting are you running?

I would be on the phone with whoever sold you the stuff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put in new rings on all 3 pistons i rode it for 450 kms the engine runs great idel is perfect and throttle responce is also goodi also jetted 10 more then stock that puts me to 300 on all three cyls . no back fire no fouling plugs squish is around 62-65 thou.i checked for rags in the exaust nothing there looks like i lost a good part of the torque i had i think that im going to lower the cyls by putting the three hole gasket on the base witch should give me my torque back and raise the compresiona littlefor i think a better mod--i hope? i even tryed it with a b/b pipe witch didnt help when i put the clickers on 6 i got some rpms back but it seems that i dosnt pull like before --any ideas before i sell the kit im realy disapointed with what happened with the power (im going to get smoked by a 470 mx if i leave it like this. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm running a similar setup on a 99. My jetting is 280 accross, needle droped one, and 45 pilots. Runs like a dream.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just checked compression and its at 148 psi with the reeds off could this problem be caused by the boysen reeds? :angry: :angry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts