Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an accessory adapter for my 2007 Arctic Cat Z570 LX so next season I can plug in a heated helmet shield. This is supposed to be just a plug in device so, can I just attach this to the cord that is hanging next to the speedometer under the hood? One end of the device has a two-pronged end and the other is four-pronged. The extra cord next to the speedometer is a two-prong. Unfrotunately I have yet to purchase the heated shield so I do not have a way to test it is it was plugged in.
The device did not come with directions.
Thanks
Richard

Attachments

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought that was for the tach connection[/b]
I thought the same thing but, the seller says this cord is to be used for accessories and should just be plugged into and existing cord.
I'm lost!
Richard

·
10,054 Posts
the cord you bought looks to be one that takes the single outlet you currently have and switches it over to 2 pair,,, There is a plug behind the speedo that has a brown and yellow wire,,, the plug that you have will hook right into this and then you will have 2 outputs instead of one. I am not familiear with the cat heated shields,,,, I had to splice mine into the wires,,, maybe cats will have a 2 prong plug that will plug into 1/2 the other end of yours. If this is the case, you will then be able to hook up 2 heated visors,,, LOL or you can hook up your heated visor and have one for your gps,,,, you could also skip the piece you have and just hook your visor right into the existing plug.

Hope that all made sense,,, by the way, what did you pay for the plug??

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the cord you bought looks to be one that takes the single outlet you currently have and switches it over to 2 pair,,, There is a plug behind the speedo that has a brown and yellow wire,,, the plug that you have will hook right into this and then you will have 2 outputs instead of one. I am not familiear with the cat heated shields,,,, I had to splice mine into the wires,,, maybe cats will have a 2 prong plug that will plug into 1/2 the other end of yours. If this is the case, you will then be able to hook up 2 heated visors,,, LOL or you can hook up your heated visor and have one for your gps,,,, you could also skip the piece you have and just hook your visor right into the existing plug.

Hope that all made sense,,, by the way, what did you pay for the plug??[/b]
Thanks. I'll look at it this evening and I paid $7.00.

Richard

·
10,054 Posts
I think you can get them right from the dealership for 5.99 plus tax,,, I have been looking at getting one because I have the gps and the heated visor,,, then we may be adding the tv/dvd player this summer and will need the power from somewhere,,, LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts