Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have a 1996 Indy 500. I am putting on a studded track and adding tunnel protectors. I have a set that are to have been drilled to Polaris specs, but they don't match up. They are tapperd on one side and flat on the other. Which way do they go? Also do they go over the slides? Any help would be great.
Thanks
Skip

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have a 1996 Indy 500. I am putting on a studded track and adding tunnel protectors. I have a set that are to have been drilled to Polaris specs, but they don't match up. They are tapperd on one side and flat on the other. Which way do they go? Also do they go over the slides? Any help would be great.
Thanks
Skip[/b]
First, I've never studded a track or installed tunnel protectors, but have been around guys that have. Here is my understanding. Polaris normally pre-drills the tunnel and hopefully the holes are already there for you. The protectors mount on the underside of the tunnel over your track windows. (So yes, I guess you could say they go above the slides.) I'm unaware of a taper since I've never performed this, but if the tunnel is pre-drilled from Polaris hopefully aligning the holes would make clear which way to install them.

Good luck, I hope this was at least somewhat helpful.

Boegey

·
Registered
3 Posts
With track out or down. Seat/gastank assembley removed, Tunnel protector's get rivited flat side up to buttom tunnel from top of tunnel rivit's down. You'll see hole's where thay go. Yes above track window's. hope this help's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts