Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in ontario been able to find insurance for 800cc sleds for a resonable price this season? If so what company and how much. Thanks

·
Registered
678 Posts
If people would quit drinking and riding, rates would go down a lot! Damn bar-hoppers. I don't even ride after 7 or 8pm on weekends because I don't wanna get t-boned by one of these morons. :(

This concludes my mini rant for tonight. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
it's very sad this insurance thing.... the sport costs enough already!
Costs $50 cnd. everytime you throw your leg over the thing.

It's not just the deaths and impaired... lots of fraud going down with sleds.
I would pakage my house car and sled with the same co.
you might just might get a break

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
My sled insurance went up as well. Last year I paid $430.00 to insure and register my 02 MXZ 600 in Manitoba. This year it went up to $487. Not much of a jump but the sled is not what it was worth last year. It's insured for less but costs more. It just aint right. The reason. They tell me 9-11 and the threat of it happening again is driving up the cost of insurance. For a sled
? Give me a *#[email protected]' break. :cussing:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I have my 02 ZR-800 insured with Economical Mutual, just a tad over $500/full coverage. I contemplated buying a new 900 Cat but Economical flat out refused coverage. This insurance problem this season has to be hurting sales/resale on the bigger sleds.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
UPDATE,
I was told my renewal would come in just a tad over $500 but have instead received the policy with a $736.50 premium. This is for full coverage with a $500 deductable. All perils accounts for $517 of that total.
Nice to see these ins. co's seem to be now dreaming up numbers at will. :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
209 Posts
liberty mutual ins

my 98 mach Z 125 a year full coverage 250 ded. I also have car sled truck house and all through them. Over all they saved me 250-300 per year on every thing together.

Duane

·
Registered
858 Posts
Try to take 2 insurances for 400 CC's, one per jug ;)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Mine stayed the same this year on my 500 even with the crash last year. I sure hope it goes back down next year larger cc sleds as I plan to go to a 800 next year.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a MXZ 800 and a MXZ 670 and full coverage is only $100 apiece for 6 months. My insurance company is USAA, I'm in the military and I think they only insure military members.

·
Registered
185 Posts
rumour has it a lot of guys are trying to back out of taking delivery of their RX/1's
can you imagine the cost of insuring a 1000cc 4-sroke?

sorry to say but it looks like the insurance is going to put an end to big bores

·
Registered
72 Posts
Me and my buddy went through the same thing... All I can say is NATIONWIDE INSURANCE. We are now insured with them for half of all the others. 1 year full coverage on brand new REV's for under $300 for the 600cc and $330 for the 800cc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have three sled's all around 600cc in Michigan with Citizens for $565.00 per year for all three. I also have my auto's, house and cabin with them.

Paul :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im in mid michigan and have state farm ($275 per yr on 02 500 MXZ and $330 per yr on 01 ZRT600) last year my Cat dealer told me no one in the area would even touch a Thunder cat but state farm said they will BUT I didnt ask a price.... The biggest problem I think is alot of people buy them and when the season is over or their buddies sled kicked their @%s they decide to burn or pin the throttle! !!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just got a quote from Liberty mutual. You have to at least have a carinsured thru them. I gae them my 79 cj (have co. car) and got a quote on the jeep and my zr900. For the jepp it was $325.00 a year (their policy is for one year ) which is cheaper then meemic the co. I have now by about $75.00 and I have three other cars insured as well. The sled for full coverage one year with $200.00 deductible was 188.00 Sounds good to me. Kevin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts