Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new insurance policy for the 03 year , and everything is the same except snowmobiles . My first machine went from 168 to 230 my second went from 172 to 260 . The reason for the increase; body injury cost and thieft replacement cost . Now add the fact of having lousy winters for the past few years , how can they justify raising the rates ?The last time I checked , you have to have snow to use your sled so how can they have more injuries or theift? Sounds like a scam ahh! :angry:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Insurance is the only legal way to get robbed.

What they charge is crazy. I would be much better off if i didnt have to pay for insurance. The money it sucks from me is crazy. It directly affects what I want to by and if I can afford it. Pretty soon they will figure out a way to make it law to insure your lawnmore for 500 a month.

I heard that the problem is liability. People suing there insurance for injuries that happened only to them. I know that sounds really pathetic but thats the case. The insurance companies are belting out money to idiots that need to learn how to drive and how to accept responsiblity for there own stupidity.

Hopefully somthing will come out of this. There is already talk of Bombardier starting there own insurance company in Ontario to help this situation out.

That is probably the reason bombardier came out with the 600HO. The knew it was comming. This situation also doesnt help the Mach Z situation as well.

Like mentioned before. Muscle sleds are going the way of the muscle car. Enjoy it well you can.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Nov 26 2002, 12:54 PM
The insurance companies are belting out money to idiots that need to learn how to drive and how to accept responsiblity for there own stupidity.
That also includes the usual round of idiots that lose sleds at the beginning of every season due to unsafe ice, those who drink and ride and crash, and the list goes on. It's no wonder our insurance is sky high.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Very well stated MachZZZZZ
We have to take responsibility for our actions
by the time you factor in gas oil plugs belt fuel lunch and insurance I betcha we are paying $2 a mile to ride.
:cussing: IN THE HEART OF SNOWMOBILE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You said it. It feels like your in a taxi when your riding a sled. Every mile that goes buy cost you.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Nov 26 2002, 12:54 PM
Hopefully somthing will come out of this. There is already talk of Bombardier starting there own insurance company in Ontario to help this situation out.

THIS COULD BE ONE OF THE BEST THINGS TO HIT THE SNOWMOBILE WORLD IF IT DID HAPPEN.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Last year I paid MASS approx. $520.00 for full coverage on the '02 ZR800 CCE. Based on my mileage that's $0.76 per mile. I'm still shopping around but my auto/home agent did come back with a $2500.00 quote for the same coverage thank you very much. Yes, depending on the winter that could be as cheap as $3.00 per mile for 2003. Yea right, where do I sign! :hallo1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts