Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today that by a friend that he has been shopping around for insurance and they have all gone up. Where is a good place for New York residents to insure their snowmobiles? Does anyone have a good or reasonable price? What factors vary the price of coverage? Thanks Rob

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
last year i payed 160 for a 2002 Pantera 550... that included $1k deductable, collision, theft, fire, giant snowball, and liability... this year i am pretty sure the agent said the 800 twin would be 210 for the same... It is cheaper if you dont go with collision and theft but I didnt think it was a bad investment in case someone steals my machine... I use state farm

·
Registered
483 Posts
Some factors that effect your rate will be cc's, previous claims, amongst others. I paid 305 last year for complete coverage, on a 2000 ZR5., with a $500 deductible. Rates for everything are going up, homeowners, auto etc. The big problem clubs are having now is raising money for trail insurance, some clubs last year paid $1500 now looking at $4000 +..some considering shutting down the trails...but that's another topic :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
First it is best to have all of your insurance through one agent and carrier. This brings with it pricing power or economies of scale. They are referred to by agents as multi line discounts and you need to ASK FOR IT or you will NOT GET IT! Additionally, if you have full coverage it will obviously be higher. The other factor is deductible limits. The higher the deductible the lower the premium and vice/versa.

I use State Farm and have:
2 houses
2 cars
2 watercraft
1 boat
1 liability umbrella
3 sleds and my sled premiums for the highest liability coverage avaiable for sleds is only $50 per sled per year

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have state farm on both of my sleds and i pay $241 for each of them. i think that it covers collision, theft, fire, and liability.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been calling around today for insuance on my indy 500. For full coverage two places wanted 450 with a 500 dollar deductable . another place wanted 311 for liability and comp, for full coverage they wanted 712. State farm said they wouldn't insure me if i didn't have my auto ins throuh them.(pretty sure they can't do that leagally).I'm still waiting for allstate to get back to me ,It's only been two hours.lol. I'm thinking that i'm going to forget about gettin more than just liability on it, prices seem pretty high to me. Dam it's just a 500, no accidents or tickets ever. Well i guess i'll be on the phone again tomorrow try'n to find a price i can live with. I'm real glad i didn't get anything bigger can't imagin what they would want for an 800.

·
Registered
756 Posts
My coverage is liability only, but high limits. Under 700cc is $49 over is $79 even for the RX1. Allstate has been my ins. co. for 17yrs. all my vehicles are with them, but not the house.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts