Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got the name of a good insurance company for snowmobiles. Both my house and car insurance companys have put restrictions on snowmobiles this year. They are limiting them to 700cc's and they want almost as much of a premium as my car. Thanks Pete

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Hey Pete, have you tried the one through the OFSC.  I don't remember the name right now, but they specialize in sleds, so I'm sure they don't have those restrictions.

I'm sure they would be mentioned on the OFSC web site.

FishHog

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
OK, it was bugging me, so I looked it up.

Trail Smart - 1-888-404-SLED

I called them a couple of years ago, they were a few bucks more then my current provider so I didn't change, but they were in the ball park.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've checked around,and trailsmart is the cheapest I can find.I'm paying 550.00/season cnd. with collision on a 2001 zrt800.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
State farm gave me a cheap rate quote around $200 or 250 for a 500cc sled and that included a clause that i get $5,000 as a replacement cost not the blue book value. I also had two cars insured with them. I was 25 at the time and a clean record. What I'd give for a clean driving record now!!!!!!
Caleb

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I was using Citizens insurance last season when my 94 v max 500 went boom, I phoned them and they told me that it was covered!  I got $3000 in insurance and bought a 99 v max 500 deluxe for $3200!  I'm not exactly sure how much I pay for the coverage but I get great service.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Try Liberty Mutual. Mind you I have all my insurance with them. I'm pretty sure what I pay for full coverage (including collision) is what some guys I know pay for just PL & PD.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Not sure if you have State Farm up there or not, but it's the cheapest I have found around here.  Plus I get the multi. discount since I go through them for everything....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm sure you guys already know this but, if you switch your coverage to just storage for the summer that will help your rates.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Up here State Farm & Liberty Mutual won't do that for rec. vehicles. Motor vehicles yes.

·
Registered
310 Posts
how much would insurance be for a 16 year old  on a firecat f7

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm with Revrnd ( oh god that doesn't sound good ) try Liberty Mutual . I can get the # for you if you like . I have all my sleds and a car with them.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Indy, this is for you

Sledcrazy, are you serious? I wouldn't want to be paying the premium on that one.

·
Registered
310 Posts
well on my 01 mxz 600 its around 300 a year.  thats a 600cc.  people say from the jump from 600 to 700cc is a BIG COST INCREASE.  how much am i looking at??  my truck insurance with me being 16 is 750 bucks a year.  it would be sad if that sled was more.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Try Mass insuance brokers they specilize in sleds and are reasonable if you haven`t got a bad record

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Isn't Happy Harold McAdam involved with them?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
sledcrazy, you better get a price on Insurance before you commit to buying that F-7.  You are in for a big surpise

·
Registered
752 Posts
sledcrazy:  No offence but if you are 16 and have a Truck and a mxz600 and are trading up to a F7 , it doesn't sound like money is much of a problem for you, so the cost of insurance shouldn't really matter. You must have a real good part time job! Whats the secret ? I could use some extra cash to pay for my son's colleage education.

·
Registered
310 Posts
indy,

i work on a lobster boat that pays pretty good money for the whole summer, my truck only costed 2000.  and i make payments on my mxz 600, and yes insurance payments will be a problem if they are as much as my #### truck.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts