Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good insurance company that is affordable?

Where are you insured at?

How much do you pay?

I was just told that my rate went up. I will now pay $600 a year for a MXZ 800. I paid $400 last year. What the hecks going on? :cussing:

Any help?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK! I'm left to believe either no one here has insurance for there sleds or this forum is filled with kids and their parents buy their insurance. In which case please go get your mom and dad and show them this post so I can get a response.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Maybe if you insured every thing you own like house car truck skidoos and so on they usually cut you a break, or they should anyway. If they don't , shop around till you find one . ;) I pay $2200.00 a year for everything I have. Thats in Ontario Canada . The snowmachines are $167.00 for indy and $178.00 for formula . :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
Originally posted by Frostbit@Nov 24 2002, 01:42 PM
OK! I'm left to believe either no one here has insurance for there sleds or this forum is filled with kids and their parents buy their insurance. In which case please go get your mom and dad and show them this post so I can get a response.
I would have responded if I had something to contribute, but since I buy Canadian insurance I didn't think the info would do you much good.

Feel better? You got a response.

Being that your original post was only about 2 hours before your second one, I'd say give people some time!

Jacqui.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by skimikedoo@Nov 24 2002, 01:51 PM
Maybe if you insured every thing you own like house car truck skidoos and so on they usually cut you a break
This is a good idea; unfortunately the company that I have my house and truck on doesn’t insure sleds so I am left with using a separate company. It may be worth switching all my insurance to one that will insure the sled.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Frostbit,
Please let me know the best price you get.
My carrier also doesn't do sleds and I'm concidering taking my chances and hope I'm lucky enough not to need it.
Problem is I am never very lucky :doh:
Hit a deer in my car last week for $2000 worth of damage :cussing:
That was insured.

Joe

·
Registered
678 Posts
I get mine from American Family, and I pay $180 a year for full coverage on both a 02 legend 500f and a 03 MXZ 500rer.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I currently do not have insurance on my sleds. I did get a quote from liberty mutual which is who I am goingto have insure me in a couple weeks. You have to have a car insured wit them. I will be paying $188.00 for my zr900. Kevin

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by snowjoe@Nov 24 2002, 03:43 PM
My carrier also doesn't do sleds and I'm concidering taking my chances and hope I'm lucky enough not to need it.
Snowjoe,You are one brave puppy.

A friend told me about Liberty Mutual. I will have to call them up.

Anyone else know a good place to go?

I appreciate the help guys!

·
Registered
752 Posts
These guys were at the show in Toronto
Hudson Henderson Insurance
http://www.hudsonhenderson.com/
I know nothing about them or have ever seen a quote from them , but they might be worth a try. They might not even cover the states but maybe worth a try.

My sleds are with Liberty Mutual as is one of my cars , $294 CDN including collision on my 2001 polaris 600 classic touring and the same price for my wifes 98 500 polaris classic touring . Clean insurance and driving record.
Here is Liberty Mutual's web site ( in Canada ):
http://www.libertymutual.com/personal/canada/

In the USA :
http://www.libertymutual.com/

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have State Farm.

I pay $1200 per year to insure all my family toys.
All with full coverage.

98 ford expedition
90 toyota p.u
Bearcat trailer
2000 skidoo mxz700
Honda 450S
e-ton 50
e-ton 90

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
In Maine the cheapest I have found is Liberty Mutual, about $130.00 a year full coverage for my 700 F3, BUT, they want your vehicle coverage too, which is also quite reasonable, check them out they have an office in either Lewiston or Auburn, my brother-in law just insured his '02 800 Renegade for under $200.00 a year.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was getting gouged by Farmers Insurance so I switched to Liberty Mutual a couple weeks ago. I now pay $125 (full coverage) on an '02 SRX, and $124 (full coverage) for an '02 Vmax700. Even though insurance stinks, ya gotta have it and I'm a bit more comfortable with these rates compared to what I was paying.

Jon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts