Snowmobile World banner

Interesting Phone Call

10K views 93 replies 31 participants last post by  seancrazy1 
#1 ·
11/2005 AFTER MANY OF HOURS SURFING I AM RE-POSTING THIS TOPIC CAUSE IT WAS THE FUNNIEST OF 2002. IF YOU WANT TO LAUGH FOR HOURS READ THE WHOLE THING (MIGHT TAKE YOU AWHILE) ITS DEF. WORTH IT. I HOPE YOU ENJOY

There was an add in Newsday this week for a 97 cougar 550 with reverse with 200 miles... The guy was asking a mear $5,000.00 thats correct 5 big ones... So i waited a week and decided "hopefully this guy has figured out the sleds only worth half of that" So i ring him up tonight and speak to this lady... she was very nice and i explained to her that a 2003 ZL 550 is 5 big ones out the door... she agrees and says "people have been telling me that" I go on to say that high retail on the machine is $2200 and i think $2600 would be a more then fair price for the machine cash. She replies "well for 2600 i think i will keep it" i say no problem thank you for your time... and then it gets good.

Happy husband gets on the phone hehehe and it is obvious that he has no clue what he is talking about. He starts on a rampage... "The add said 5000 dollars not 2600 you beepin moron... if you want a sled for 2600 dollars then you should go to the beepin junkyard you cheap bas##rd. What kind of dumb ( ) )hole are you... why are you calling you beepin etc...

I listened for awhile and laughed afterwards i cant believe people where im from they have no idea

See less See more
#3 ·
hahaha thats great ya guys im sellin my ext for 12g's its a steal!!! HAHA thats great that guy was off his rocker by a long shot!@!!! t :p

#4 ·
Its people like that keep life interesting. Good story.

#5 ·
WOW, someone got a steal with my 2000 ZL580. Sold it for $2500.

#6 ·
I am stilling looking for a good deal for my friend... at this rate i gues he could pick up a 94 puma for 2500 and he would be lucky hahheheh

#9 ·
I already thought of that.... One of my friends called last night and told him he would offer him 1200 cash and that it was a good deal... he didnt even get yelled at... the guy just hung up. Maybe he lost his voice yellingn at all the other people who called and didnt think $5000 was a fair price

#13 ·
Yeah, I would like to have that number too. You wouldn't be violating any privacy issues, since he posted it in the paper. I'd like to call him and tell him I'll take it, and play w/him for a while. I would let him know that it's not a bad price since I assume he will deliver it to me in St Louis for that price, w/a trailer.

We get that kind of stuff all the time in the car business.

#14 ·
Well I dont know if that is a wise idee, however all you need to do is find a copy of Newsday.. Now that i think about it you can go to Newsday.com and get classified listings for Long Island... then you guys can do whatever you want..

P.S. I want reports hehehe :blahblah:

G
#17 ·
Here it is, it took some searching but I found it.

4. ARTIC CAT 1997 550 Cougar, 200 mi, w/ reverse, $5000 631-555-5555(I MODED THESE SO NO-ONE WOULD NO BUT I PROMISE KEEP READING (THE ACTUAL PHONE NUMBER WAS PRINTED IN 2002 / 631-555-5555 Pub. 10/4-10/9
Mark Ad:

#19 ·
I am sure someone thought i was joking around. Watch out the guy can be very irrate... hehehe 10 free posts to the guy who offers him $500.00 because he thought the add was a misprint. j/k hehehe wolfman and hohman are calling away hahahaha

#21 ·
You guys are just plain MEAN, I love it. :thumbsup:

#23 ·
I just got off the phone with him and I asked if that price was Canadian.

holy $%^&, he lost it.

I tried to tell him that I could by the same sled in canada for $3000 Canadian.

Then the told me that I could take my fake money and stuff it.

The last think he said was great though, he tells the that when the US invades Iraq, that Canada will be next.

That should be interesting.

Hey Phazerhater, could you please ask your pilots to avoid my house??

I just put a new roof on and I don't think my insurance covers acts of war.

Man, this guy is great!!!

#25 ·
You guys are right...this is fun. He told me he's had 5 calls so far, and he was offered $1500 and $3500 so far. I got him down to $4500 so far... what a bargain. I told him I could buy a new ZL for $5000. He asked me if a ZL has handwarmers, and I said yes, plus thumbwarmers are standard too. He said if I want to buy a new sled for that, that I should, but it's no Cougar w/reverse...duhhh!!! He said his daughter gave it to him for Xmas.

Here's the best part though, he told me that it "lifts up like a wheelie at 100 mph." He also said it is "quicker than a MACH 5, you know, one of those sleds with 3 spark plugs, out of the hole, maybe not top-end though." This guy is really out there. I can just imagine what it's like to be around this guy. I hope he never tries to trade his car or truck to our dealership. :D

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.