Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Does this mean we get a rebate on our trail permits this year :whistling:

mutt[/b]
I added my 2-cents worth and sent off the emails.
Richard

·
Registered
958 Posts
There seems to be something missing. WHY are they stopping the grooming? I sit a budget thing (BS)? Or just DNR/Politicians being themselves? Before I send emails I like to know what I am mad about..so I don't sound like I am doing uninformed ranting. ...G

·
Registered
980 Posts
From Michigan Inter actives trail page:

RUMOR CONTROL: There was a lot of rumors and publication about not having groomed trails this year. MSA, representing the grant sponsors, has been battling proposed changes from the DNR all summer long. A compromised was finally reached when they went over their heads to the NRC (Natural Resource Commission) last month; we thought. But when the addendum came out last Friday disappointment prevailed. Again the DNR reworded the handbook but didn't change the content. Most grant sponsor are refusing to sign the grant application until the changes are made as agreed upon. What that means to you is that we don't have a signed grant for grooming operation this season yet, which means we don't get paid to groom. Many grooming organizations are in this predicament. Most grooming that is taking place right now is with out a signed grant and out of their own pockets. If you come north to ride right now, be aware if this and contribute heavily to the area you are riding in to cover the cost.
Don Reed, Groomer Seney Mi., President MSA

Looks like just our all powerful DNR showing their ignorance.
Some clubs are saying they are going to groom until their personal funding runs out, some clubs may HEAVILY rely on groomer tip jars for fuel bills, others may not groom at all until this is straightened out. The biggest problem facing our club is that this money pays land owners for the leases the local clubs have secured with them. Many land owners are not allowing trails to be put in until they are paid (and since the money is coming from the state, I can't blame them). We have three very large gaps in out trail set that will be there until land owners get checks.

Just makes you wonder "what the HE!! are they thinking!"

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks for the info. It's time to write a letter.[/b]
:withstupid:
thanks for the info. G

·
Registered
980 Posts
Just heard through the club hot line that the DNR and the clubs did reach an agreement today 12/4/2007). The agreements should be signed in the next few days so that grooming can begin and land access checks can be issued.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Slightly off topic but are you a rider in the great Onaway area? The group I ride with has a few cabins up there just down from the Elbow Inn off of Canada Creek Highway. [attachment=42267:Sledding06.bmp]

The photo is of us in '06 at he Cheboygan trail inlet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts