Snowmobile World banner

Iowa?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  crk133 
#1 ·
I was FINALLY going to go riding this weekend.  Found some snow in Iowa, and then I find out you have to have a stinkin flag on your snowmobile?!?!  Where the heck do I find a flag in a day and how the heck do I mount it on my snowmobile???  I heard the fine is above $100.  SO STUPID!!!!!

#2 ·
It is stupid.  I thought the fine was more like $40, I could be wrong on that.  I may find out also because I refuse to put one on my sled.  I have landed "superman" style on my sled more than once and I can just imagine a flag going through my groin...  No thanks!

#4 ·
Flags are about 15 bucks and you would take out one of the rivets holding your snowflap on and replace with a bolt.  I rode all of last year and some of the year before without a flag, never had any trouble (knock on wood).  If you drink at all along the way you might think about getting a flag cause they'll use any excuse to stop you, but I really don't so I'll take the chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.