Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between an Edge X 600 (2002) and say a 2002 600 XC?

I know the edge has special paint and is a sho-check but what else... if anything--

Is the 600 motor the same 600 motor that is in the Classic Touring 600??

thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes, it it the same engine and for 02' it was the same sled as an XC, at least I am 99% sure of that. The reason I say this, I was playing with the build your sled feature on the Polaris website and it was a $225 price difference and in the specs list it didnt change anything from a regular to an "X". If there was a difference it would most likely have been the shocks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
the only difference in the EDGE X models and the regular edge models, is the suspension and graphics.  EDGE X has clickers and X graphics, regular edge has PPS shocks (which suck)  thats it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The X suspension is 10 pounds lighter also wider running boards with tunnel grippers.. The front suspension also has more travel. Sorry about that, this info is for the 03, I am not sure on the 02.

RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
310 Posts
omotm, i think your right with that little bit of extra stuff, such as the wide running boards and stuff, i think that was on the 02 as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
yup..
you fella's have it about right
The edge package in 02 came with tunnel/frame grips and stiffeners (?) wider running boards a with almost like a runniing board bumper clour keyed with grips
ummmmm they say it's a custom seat but I'm not too sure
M-10 option vs Edge.. upgrade front shocks
If you ordered last year with a M-10 the sled came with "Accu-Steer" carbides.
no darting whatsoever

1 - 7 of 7 Posts