Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a 96 MXZ 583 for sale by me. It has 2500 miles and is studded.

He's asking $2800 which I thought was kind of high when KBB.com is 2500 or so.
If I could get it down to 2200 or 2300 do you think it would be good?

It's for my little brother and girlfriend, there first sled.

Thanks to all :)

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
The 583 is a great engine...runs well, very reliable. In the S-2000 chassis it rides alot better than previous sleds. It would be a great first sled, as long as you are there to start it for them ;) They can be somewhat hard to pull over on cold mornings ;)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
How old is your little bro ? 2500 milles is not alot for a sled of that year, it must be in pretty good shape for 2800$ That is cdn right ? The 583 is a bullet proof engine and is pretty fast for a beginners sled but if your bro is mature enought this will be a sled he will love !

·
Registered
279 Posts
Like eveyone else said Great sled. I think it was sled of the year for 96. But if its $2800us thats a bit high.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes he is asking $2800 US, KBB.com has it listed for $2565 US.

I knew right away that he was asking a bit too much.

My brother is 14 going to be 15 in Jan. He could definitly handle it! Right now he has a 98 Kawasaki KDX 220 dirt bike, rides his buddies 800 storm, and scrambler 500 4 wheeler.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE DIRT BIKE? $3000 with 2 FMF pipes, helmet, boots, and gear, have pic if anyone would be interested.

Overall it sounds like a decent sled though, right?

Anyone have pics of one?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Too bad I wasn't in here a few weeks ago, I sold my 98 Formula 500 with electric start, reverse, 96 woodys studs, new slides and carbides and only 1500 miles for $1600. All it needed was a new battery, but it started with one pull unless you primed it too much. :)

The point is, shop around, you can find a way better deal than that!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i had a 583 ran great and very reliable,i put 10000kms without a problem,just find out if its been fogged every year,low mileage is good but if it hasnt been stored properly,you could run into problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts