Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I viewed each and every trail report for Michigan it seems the snowmobile season is pretty much over, except for some areas of the U.P. It is pretty bad when you can only ride for 6 weeks or less nowadays.
Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Isn't that why God invented bikes, quads, and boats? To make you forget about riding for a couple of months before looking forward to it again.....say, by about the end of June? :crazy:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy snowmobiling to the max (drove 200 miles each way to second home for 8 of the last 10 weekends). Hate to say it out loud, but kinda ready for a break.

Edit: By the way, wasn't the 72 H2 the first 750? I had one of those..... Was beat one time with it - he had one with pipes on it.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I woulndn't say its over until the end of April. 4 years ago we were riding on 18" of fresh snow the second weekend in April around the Atlanta area of lower Michigan. It can happen, just be ready w00t

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a 72 H2 Kawasaki in 1972 but purchased another one about two years ago and sold it to a man in Italy on eBay. The H2 was first available in 1972 for a few years and was the fastest stock production bike of its time. Nick named the "WidowMaker" the bike could fly. I was able to pull the front wheel off the ground in fourth gear. The 1972 model is most cherished due to its short frame which was lengthened in later years to help keep the front end on the ground.
Richard

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
PUT A FORK IN IT!

Already halted the collision insurance for the year.

Looking forward to a new sled, new gear, and better riding in a NEW YEAR!

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I say it's done too. :sleepy:

While it's going to be 70 degrees here today, I'm gonna be giving my sled a much needed bath tonight. :p[/b]
Nice pics of your machines.

Richard

·
Registered
538 Posts
PUT A FORK IN IT!

Already halted the collision insurance for the year.

Looking forward to a new sled, new gear, and better riding in a NEW YEAR![/b]

Nice to see you back rob.

What are you thinking about getting next year? or did you spring check again?

My season is over too. Engine is blown. I have parts on the way though.

I wish I was giving mine a bath tonight. It needs it BAD!! We pulled it 8 miles on the trail, then hauled it 110 miles on an open trailer in a blizzard. If it ran, it would be getting washed. Oh well. What can you do.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I had a 72 H2 Kawasaki in 1972 but purchased another one about two years ago and sold it to a man in Italy on eBay. The H2 was first available in 1972 for a few years and was the fastest stock production bike of its time. Nick named the "WidowMaker" the bike could fly. I was able to pull the front wheel off the ground in fourth gear. The 1972 model is most cherished due to its short frame which was lengthened in later years to help keep the front end on the ground.
Richard[/b]
I have a 72 widow maker - metalic purple (lovingly referred to as Purple Murple). It is in good running order, just missing a title.
It is sitting in my loft - someday I am going to completely restore it. (it is too spooky to ride)

Ah, memories....

Oh, as for the season - it is 74 degrees here today, not even a trace of snow any more.
I power washed and waxed the sleds and rode the Buell to work today.
I'm done.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I don't know if IT is done but we are done. They are calling for snow this weekend up North.. 29 for a high on friday so some people might get some last rides in.

As for ours, they are bathed, summerizing them isn't too far off, and the polish too.

Snow4

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I'm going north in a week or two I hope to get one last ride in then...Thompson...I hope to get one more in here this weekend I will try...

Rick

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yeah theres NO snow left where im at (SW MI). Im not putting mine away. Its getting a huge bath. Taking the dents out, sanding, repainting, redoing the wiring, and possibly working on the supension and track. The only thing i might do is empty the bowls. But basically the engine is gonna be out of the whole summer.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I holding out for one last hoorah, even another Ontario trip will work for me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
68f here today pretty much done it in. may do hill drags saturday. that will most likely be the last blast.did wash the sleds today.over 600 mi. on open trailer makes them look sick.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Nice to see you back rob.

What are you thinking about getting next year? or did you spring check again?

My season is over too. Engine is blown. I have parts on the way though.

I wish I was giving mine a bath tonight. It needs it BAD!! We pulled it 8 miles on the trail, then hauled it 110 miles on an open trailer in a blizzard. If it ran, it would be getting washed. Oh well. What can you do.[/b]

Heck, I don't think mine really got that dirty. It's already been bathed, and soem stabil added. As soon as the trailer is cleaned up, it'll go in it's resting spot and get soaked with WD-40.

Don't really know maybe a F8 or F10. Might even be a Yammi in my future. Just don't know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts