Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing all the reports about the F7's smokin everything else and even keeping up with Zr900' s, is it possible that AC upped the weights so that it wouldn't be TOTALLY insane?

It's one thing to spank other competitors but it don't look so good if your supposed muscle sled gets killed by a sled that is 200 cc less!! I think they added weight to handicap the F7 so it would run even with the ZR900.

Alright, it maybe a bit of a stretch but yah gotta admit it is almost too coincidental that the F7's and ZR900's are recording exactly the same radar speeds!

It is true to form...Yamaha hypes another sled to record sales and doesn't deliver (vipeR-x1). Polaris snoozes and loses. I don't know what to make of the REV yet... And AC who brought out A-arms, EFI and long travel suspensions 10 years ago, are again jumping WAY ahead of the competition... yet again. This motor is gonna put the competition in fits!!

I think looking at the new Sno Pros that AC is going to blow away the WSA this year. All this and they are buying back stock too!! Gotta love it!

Go TEAM ARCTIC!!

BTW got my first run in tonight so I'm a little giddy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have a F7? I am going to be testing my F7 sno-pro this weekend, pending conditions. I'll be over at Goodwin Performance, letting them use the machine as a testbed for clutching, can't wait to see the difference, they're speculating on big improvement in bottom end and mid range, based on previous F7 testing. I'll try to keep updates posted as soon as testing is complete. Then comes the real test, seat time in trail conditions :hallo1: !

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Sorry to goofup your idea but there were a couple major reasons for the added weight. The first was they found out on the sno pros and prototypes that they need more cooling area because they were having trouble in low snow conditions. The other area of added weight is in some extra support in key places. Mainly were the 02 snopros were breaking. The way I understand it the majority of the weight is in the cooling system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts