Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 zrt 600 it has 1800 miles on it and has always ran regular cat oil. I am thinking of going to a synthedic oil for extra protection or is it to late? also if I do switch do I have to empty the oil resevoir or can I just add to it? :hallo1:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Its never to late to switch to synthetic oil. run your oil res down as low as you dare to go and top up with synthetic. Some oils cant be mixed but I if your sticking with cat oil it wont hurt anything.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Go with the synthetic! If you use Amsoil regular, Amsoil 2000 Race, Klotz TCW3 Injector oil, or Torco SSO, you can pour them in right on top of your Cat oil and go. Others I don't know about. Any of these oils is superb. Good Luck!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Amsoil..hands down the best synthetic for the $ SWRules

·
Registered
448 Posts
I bought my ZRT last year, had no idea what the oil in the tank was (it was full). I ran it down almost untill the light came on then poured in Amsoil Synthetic. The oil was about 2 - 3 inches from the bottom of the resevoir ('97 ZRT) when I poured in the Amsoil. Never had a problem.

Stick a litre or 2 in your rear compartment (make sure you cushion them from the seat bolts (had one leak on me)) ride & when you need to make the switch, you'll be ready. However always check your oil level. I will NEVER trust a low oil idiot light!!

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
it is never to late to switch... just dont switch back..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Here we go again with the oil thread...maybe we should have the forum moderators just start a snowmobiling section titled: OIL- the who, what, where and why? throw all the past oil threads in that section for constant review :nervous:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just ran down the res on mine then dumped in Klotz. 1100 miles on it and no probs. Even smells a lot better. When you check your plugs I think they will be a little off color wise from reg oil though. Do a search on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts