Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jsut bought my first sled off of my friend its a 1980 moto ski ultra sonic. i just cleaned the carbs on it but i see theres liek a oil tank on it but the gas in it is mixed. is the sled oil injected or do i have to mix the gas? thanks, gilps

·
Registered
281 Posts
If it's the liquid cooled engine it is the oil for the rotary valve, you still need to premix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i jsut bought my first sled off of my friend its a 1980 moto ski ultra sonic. i just cleaned the carbs on it but i see theres liek a oil tank on it but the gas in it is mixed. is the sled oil injected or do i have to mix the gas? thanks, gilps[/b]
yes they are oil injected but if there is a crark in the oil bottle he problemly mixed the fuel instead of fineing a new bottle. It is ok to mix it just with a injector will adjust how much oil will go in and if you mix there is a chance that you may foul more plugs because it is always get the same amount of oil at bottom to top rpm of the engine. If you have any more questions I do own one of those machine and I 'm a also a mechanic

mike warren

·
Registered
93 Posts
1980's were NOT oil injected the UltraSonics were not ionjected until and only in 82 same as 9500Blizzard. And as stated above oil res is for rotaryvalve shaft and if it's leaking get it fixed or you'll regret it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts