Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2002 SkiDoo MXZ 800. How fast???? Had a 1999 Polaris XCR 700 triple plast season, reaced a Viper and was close.....who will I beat????

:hallo9:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
YOu should be able to beat vipers in drags but you might fall short on top speed. But it will take awhile to get back at ya.

Against a RX-1 I would expect the same thing.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I never raced a viper but I couldn't beat a srx with my mxz, I would take it till about 80mph then it would go by me. :cussing:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Last year it was win a couple lose a couple every race against the vipers in 1000' with my 01 700 mxz.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The 800 mxz will beat a viper ( stock, stock) all day. However top end forget it. Ski doo has a problem with top end speed ( cept the machz) but anything after 100 is a blur anyway.

My 1999 mxz 600 ( stockv stock) will stay with a viper ( cept top end)

·
Registered
310 Posts
I noticed doo does have a small top end problem. (not a bash)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think those posts should read that twin motors have a problem with top end. Let's face it, triples definitely have more legs in a long run.

As fas as what your 800 should take...I agree that it will most anything in a drag to 80-90mph. After that, shut it down and spank them again the other way! :D

·
Registered
756 Posts
I disagree about the twins being short on the top end, the polaris' & especially the cats have long legs up top. ski doo' problem with speed comes from the converter binding. IMO

·
Registered
55 Posts
MXZ900 - What do you mean by the converter binding?

·
Registered
756 Posts
the converter will not consistantly shift out fully

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I think it has alot to doo with gearing. Since when was a mxz designed to be a lake racer. My Doo mechanic changed the upper gears last year in his 02 mxz800 and it really woke it up in the top end department.

During the winter 0f 2001 I had buddies blow up 2 machz's trying to get past me in the powder in a WOT race down Lake of Bays. I was on my 01 mxz-x800

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the responses....this helps much. My XCR triple may have been faster after 80, but who keeps racing at that speed??? I want to smoke them out of the hole and never look back, drop off around 60/70. If you are telling my my MXZ 800 will run this, we are good.

What sled would beat a mxz 800 out of the hole??? Is it just a matter of set up and traction??

Ride on... ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
i would on my mxz 600. lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a 2002 MXZ700 Adreneline, and my buddy has a 2002 Viper. Last year, when they were both bone stock, my 700 would take his Viper every time, not only out of the hole, but all the way across the lakes. I even spot him 10-20 pounds. I would jump out about 2-3 sled lengths and stay there the whole time, over and over again. Now this year, they have both been clutched and studded, so we will see as soon as the snow flies...
:devil:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I forgot, as far as the 800s, I ran a couple of them too, and my 700 would pull the 800 as well. I raced my 700 in many grass drags this summer and fall, and I could usually beat the Vipers. I also ran an F7 last weekend, but he red lighted. However, even though I won, I could tell those F7's will be tough to beat in a drag race with another 700. He never pulled away from me, but I am clutched and geared two teeth lower than stock. I don't know what he had done to the F7.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jiddru - or should I say jiddru,,,, Baron Von Jiddru. I know that the wife's 700 is fast, but you know..... Be prepared for F7 comming after ya. I plan on being dialed and as for tree trimming Ed and that VIPER, He's gonna need more than clutching to keep up! Rock On will be on trail 9 out side of Mercer heading to Ken's Island lake in 2' holes at 75 MPH.

·
Registered
14 Posts
:devil: Last year i saw a mxz 800 i think x package betting 1000 thunder cats in a 660 drag on hard pack snow there was also a guy with a 800 artic cat runnuing tick for tack with the 800mxz so they are very fast machinesqwestion what would be the speed if you ran one in 660
90 plus mph or less thanks have great season

1 - 20 of 20 Posts