Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I fire up my 600 HO, I let it warm up, give her some throttle to get the track moving. When I let off the throttle it still moves the track. If it happens to be on the ground it will move the sled, until I hit the brakes then the engine stalls. I'll try to start it up again and with every pull the sled moves forward. Its like the primary is not disengaging fully or is this due to a cold belt? It only does this on the initial time I start it for the ride once its warmed up it seems to be fine. :bash:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
check the room you have between the belt and the side of the clutch. if it really tight you may need to let a little slack out of the secondary to give you a little more room

·
Registered
252 Posts
sounds to me like you have the wrong belt on there. if the belt is to tight it will do this, you may need to go up 1 size.either way i wouldn't keep running it with the wrong belt as it will mess up the clutch.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the stock belt. I've only noticed this since this batch of cold weather. Tifa what do you mean about adjusting the dial on the secondary?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Its the stock belt. I've only noticed this since this batch of cold weather. Tifa what do you mean about adjusting the dial on the secondary?[/b]

The bronze ring around the centre of the secondary, there are three bolts to loosen, then you turn it. There should be directions on your airbox or somewhere under the hood.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same sled. If it has the TEAM secondary clutch there is an allen head screw with a jam nut on it that you use to adjust were the belt rides on the secondary. I think it should be about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch above the top of the clutch sheeves. The manual says center to center of the clutches is 11.5 inches. I would like to know what RPM yours tops out at because I dont think my clutches are working correctly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I looked at my manual again to check belt deflection. It says 1 1/4 inch in the center between the clutches. It does not say anything about where the belt should ride on the secondary sheaves.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you sure that the primary isnt getting stuck? This happened on my old xcr. The primary would get jammed open from the bushing on the movable sheave being worn out. How many miles are on the clutch. These P-85s are nice but they do need to be rebuilt quite often.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have less than 300 miles on it. It better not need to be rebuilt yet. But this has only happened on initial take off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts