Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Just loking for a more diverse expertise in these areas. Any other boards to try??[/b]
sorry did not see a question from you in either skidoo or hegh performance. We have a diversity in members and opinions here but you have to ask a question first.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry did not see a question from you in either skidoo or hegh performance. We have a diversity in members and opinions here but you have to ask a question first.[/b]

I have put questions in regards to performance tuning on this site, some good replys, some not. Take the good with the bad. Just looking for additional avenues for increasing performance for my ZX skidoo. Esp. with clutching and other issues. Still like this site and still visit it often

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
For all the complaining about 'doos over @ that other site, I'm surprised that BRP is still selling sleds :whistling: :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
For all the complaining about 'doos over @ that other site, I'm surprised that BRP is still selling sleds :whistling: :rolleyes: .[/b]
Really does make you wonder at times. They complain all the time about them but yet they are the best sled in the world. Would like to get a newer Mach Z for myself in the next year or two, but reading about all the "issues" that they have with them, it makes me think if thats what I really want. But what you got to remember is that you dont usually hear about the good ones, its just usually the bad ones.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Just loking for a more diverse expertise in these areas. Any other boards to try??[/b]
What do you have, and what are you trying to accomplish? Drag racing, lake racing, trail riding, snowcross? That would help if you would post what you are looking for. Their are numerous sights on the internet to help with clutching, this is just one of many. :D

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I have to go with mxzwfo, NO. like kid rocker said info is the most important part. I don't even see what zx you have, 380, 500, 600, 700, 800?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Dootalk would be your best bet, but this is top notch also SWRules

remember this SWRules
Frank

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To answer your question, NO.

See here for an answers to your other questions.

Click here[/b]
thanks for your time and effort mxzwfo, I have replied to your informative reply, looking forward to your responce, I doo appreciate your straightward and honest reply!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really does make you wonder at times. They complain all the time about them but yet they are the best sled in the world. Would like to get a newer Mach Z for myself in the next year or two, but reading about all the "issues" that they have with them, it makes me think if thats what I really want. But what you got to remember is that you dont usually hear about the good ones, its just usually the bad ones.[/b]
Hey, my sled is 5-6 years old and rocked for many years, I am just getting a little bite in the ### to perform with the boys, trust me I doo not want a pure race or drag sled at all!!
But this weekend there is a drag race in town and I thought what the F--k, I'll go for the experience , excitement and thrill. But prob. sit on the side lines when they give out the bronze, haha.
Basically I want an kick ### trail sled that I can screw around with on local sponsered events, no more or less. i hope you can relate. I can take an asskicking but the less the better :confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you have, and what are you trying to accomplish? Drag racing, lake racing, trail riding, snowcross? That would help if you would post what you are looking for. Their are numerous sights on the internet to help with clutching, this is just one of many. :D[/b]
kid rocker I have corresponded with you a few times in the past and I completely remembered your setup you had with your zx 800, did you experiment with other primarys beside the 200- 290 ?? what other decent clutching sites are out there?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For all the complaining about 'doos over @ that other site, I'm surprised that BRP is still selling sleds :whistling: :rolleyes: .[/b]
I like that, but it is such a huge and diverse site ( Lots of newbies) we all have to be helped along. Whether its sledding, life, family whatever! cheers
I am here for knowledge and hope to spread some of mine and hell see some good sledding pics :tongue:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
kid rocker I have corresponded with you a few times in the past and I completely remembered your setup you had with your zx 800, did you experiment with other primarys beside the 200- 290 ?? what other decent clutching sites are out there?[/b]
Yes, I experimented with many different primary springs, secondary helixes, springs, pin weight, you name it. Many hours on the track dyno. My sled ran pretty good. As far as different clutching sites, I can't post them on here. Call me at 616-485-1111 and I will be glad to talk to you about it. Dave.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
You have to get those RPMs down before you get good info here. Twins don't run 9600. Have any of yours twisted that tight, Dave?[/b]
Keith, I must have missed something here? 9600 rpms? Didn't read that anywhere. But no way will you ever get a stock twin to run 9600 rpms. Rev limiter won't let it . Nope, 8000 max unless running pipes.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Found out I have ~16.5 grams in the primary pins. Put in 20gm and the rpm went from ~9500 to 9150. So an additional 1gram on the pin is dropping the rpms by around 100 rpms.
But I need to get to 8500- 8600. So it wouold take me 30 grams to get to 8500 at clicker 3.
That is way to high, think of changing the finish rate of primary spring.
Cam is stock 47/44
Stock primary is 160 - 230
Secondary rer is the green spring ( I think it is 180- 300) , stock black was 160- 300.
Funny thing is I have not heard or read of anyone using a primary spring less than the 230 finishing rate!
Heard a few people having luck with the 200- 290.
I need advice on this,. Still am testing and trying different things. Will show results[/b]
9500 not 9600 keith.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts