Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a firing order for the triples ('95 800ZRT)?

Switching 1 & 2 plug wires seems to run the same!?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
No there is no firing order on the triples.......

·
Registered
101 Posts
The dealer told me that on my XLT the order doesn't matter.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
wait a second there has to be a firing order, if there isn't then it surprises the daylight out of me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Paul, There is a firing order for the pistons but all three spark plugs fire all the time in unison which, I guess means each plug has two wasted sparks per cycle.

·
Registered
107 Posts
On doo triples, it fires all 3 plugs 3 times for each engine rotation.  So one cylinder is actually were it should be when it fires and causes combustion, while the other 2 are just wasted sparks.

I found this out when I was using my little digital tach to calibrate the tachs on the sled.  It worked fine on the twins and when I put it on the triples, the number was about 50% higher than what I expected.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I have been down this road before to the extent of calling AC and there is NO firing order, they all fire together.

·
Registered
403 Posts
HOTZRT is right on-there is no fireing order. They all fire at the same time.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You guys are right.  I didnt belive you and then i wasnt sure so i went out and checked.  All sparkplugs spark at the same time.  I think that this is weird.  That must rob the ignition system from a lot of power.  

But there is still a firing order.  I think its 1-2-3 starting from the clutch side on a doo but i never checked.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This just came to me as I come out of my drunken stupor from the past weekend.  Yamaha just came out with a new ignition system that only fires the proper cylinder when it should... they say it adds better throttle response and better mileage, but only they have it on their triples.....

something about a 120 degree thing in the CDI box?? Dunno... check it out on their site, there must be something there

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts