Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see if there is anyone here in California, yes we do have snow in the Sierra's. But where are the snowmobiler's?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
paul,
 so do you see bikini clad and sledwear clad women all in a day ? sounds like the best of all the worlds.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
He's probably spotted your mother

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Not me.but my sister lives in San Jose.She works at Lockhead/Martin with her husband.They make way to much money,it makes me sick.LOL I know you live quite a ways from there but just for conversation purposes.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
snow in california?? I cant imagine there being snow anywhere in california.  I was in anaheim for 10 days last summer and i thought you guys just rode sea doos and comp bikes or somthing.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
You wouldn't believe the snow in CA. Two years ago I was in Frisco in May. We drove up almost to South Lake Tahoe and back. You should have seen where the DOT uses truck mounted snowblowers to clear the roads. The snow must have been 5 feet deep from the pavement up.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I can't believe what I just read!  Geez... I bet you could take a surf board behind a sled then.  That would be a blast!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (paul @ Mar. 26, 2002, 11:00pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just looking to see if there is anyone here in California, yes we do have snow in the Sierra's. But where are the snowmobiler's?[/b][/quote]
Sounds kinda like me.  I'm the only (known) Texas resident on this board.  At least you do get snow.  When it does fall here, about once a season, it typically isn't enough to play with and doesn't last more than a few hours.  Even in West Texas, where they get enough to play in, it'll be gone long before I would ever have a hope of loading up and heading out there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
hmmmm sounds like texas is like PA  Texas might be worse because It takes forever to drive anywhere in the state.  wife and I got two rides in pa from the house this yr. one was 60 miles total and the other was 30 and at the end of the 30 mile ride the snow had melted out from under us rode the last mile back to the house on dirt and grass.  

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wolfman @ Mar. 27, 2002, 01:48am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sounds kinda like me.  I'm the only (known) Texas resident on this board.  At least you do get snow.  When it does fall here, about once a season, it typically isn't enough to play with and doesn't last more than a few hours.  Even in West Texas, where they get enough to play in, it'll be gone long before I would ever have a hope of loading up and heading out there.
[/b][/quote]
Who rides the ski-doo, the cowboys or the indians ?  

Just kidding !  i never could imagine snow in texas

·
Registered
308 Posts
 Danr the indians ride doos  like doos they are a dyeing breed. heh heh

Just kidding  
I could not resist that one.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What are you talking about! There is great riding out here. remember, storms go from west to east. everytime a Pacific storm comes it dumps where I live. At the summit there is 7 feet right now. Yes paul, I did see girls with bikini tops two weeks ago! just last weekend we got 2 feet. We have been riding since November. Take a look at some of the pics below, they are all from this season, starting Nov. 2001  This is a bad season but usually there should be 15 to 20 feet of snow at Jone's store (you will see picture). Its all mountain riding from 4,000 to 10,000 feet, but its still snow. This weekend in Fresno  the temp will be 80, up here, probably 50's to 60's.

snowride pictures

·
Registered
308 Posts
I never had a desire to go to Cal before. YOu just changed my mind with those pics
and to think it is what 80 degrees when you get to the beach  thats the best of both worlds

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DanR @ Mar. 27, 2002, 11:52am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wolfman @ Mar. 27, 2002, 01:48am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sounds kinda like me.  I'm the only (known) Texas resident on this board.  At least you do get snow.  When it does fall here, about once a season, it typically isn't enough to play with and doesn't last more than a few hours.  Even in West Texas, where they get enough to play in, it'll be gone long before I would ever have a hope of loading up and heading out there.
[/b][/quote]
Who rides the ski-doo, the cowboys or the indians ?  

Just kidding !  i never could imagine snow in texas[/b][/quote]
You should have seen the number of strange looks I got, as well as heard the CB chatter that resulted when I brought my sled down here.  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Wolfman: Where do you have to haul to go sledding?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (revrnd @ Mar. 28, 2002, 8:35pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wolfman: Where do you have to haul to go sledding?[/b][/quote]
Closest places to me are a minimum one day drive.  Typically along the Rocky Mountains.  New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, with Idaho, and Utah at the far extreme.  Anything further north than Colorado would be a two day drive.  Last February was the first time I've been out since I moved down to this infernal furnace.  The Deere was in storage so long that it locked up.  I still haven't had the time to tear it down yet.  

Looking at the trail pictures from the midwest area, has me thinking of these areas in the not too distant future.  

·
Registered
308 Posts
Wolfman  where do you ride in new mexico. the sandia area Monzonto or farther north?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (alindazip @ Mar. 29, 2002, 11:11am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wolfman  where do you ride in new mexico. the sandia area Monzonto or farther north?[/b][/quote]
I haven't yet.  It is simply on the list of places I can go if I choose.  Last season was the first opportunity that I've had for a winter vacation since I moved down here.  I spent that one in Yellowstone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts