Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my sled for sale.... Got an Email saying this... I am about 99 percent sure it is a scam... So just wanted to see what every one else thinks...

Matt

I will loved to proceed with the purchase of the sled and i will pay you $6000 for it.i will be having our local transporters here in the UK to come to your location for a test drive process on the sled and moreover i will have to make a down payment to you so as to make you reserve the sled for me for not getting it sold to other interested buyer's till the test drive and the sale will be done as it would take time to get all of that done.

I will make a down payment of $1000 and also i will include the test drive fees which will cost for $2500 and mind you i want the payment made out to you by check and also as soon as the funds of $3500 have been cleared into your account i will like you to have the
sled ready for the test drive process and also you will make the remaining funds of $2500 payable to the transporters to cover for the inspection fees and all other expenses during inspection.

I will be looking forward for proceedings to you and also get back to me with the full names,mailing address and phone number the check can be made payable to you.

I will be looking forward to hear from you.

Regards
Terry

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Do you have to ask?

100% guaranteed it's a scam.

·
10,054 Posts
too bad we dont have Terrys home addy,,,, could be a fun trip.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ya, its a scam.
I have had a few letters like this generated from prospective buyers on some toys that I have sold on ebay.
If you are selling it through Ebay, make sure you send the email address to their fraud division.
F'in crooks.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
SCAM ! SCAM ! SCAM !

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, it came from Craigslist... Couldn't find a place to report scams... So if any one has a way to check it, or another list for shady emails. Let me know. I will give you this one.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I will loved to proceed with the purchase of the sled and i will pay you $6000 for it.i will be having our local transporters here in the UK to come to your location for a test drive process on the sled[/b]
Two clues it's a scam:

1) Brutal grammar

2) A local transporter is going to come from the UK (England) for a "test drive process".

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Same this happened to me on a trailer I'm selling. SCAMMMMMMMM!

Richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts