Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I took my cat to the dealer yesturday for my problem mentioned earlier(fuel pump starving for gas)and saw something pretty cool but at the same time it worried me.  He said(mechanic), "I'll pluck it right off with the fork-lift".  He came from behind with a fork-lift with long tines and up under the belly-pan where it's flat,  lifted the whole sled off the trailer this way, is this OK?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sure it is, if the operator has experience and care. I have operated many forklifts and am sure I could perform this, but I would not try to force the tines past the track unless the rear was lifted enough to slide in with out snaging and ripping the rubber.

Just think about how much abuse the bellypan takes when riding. Unless he jabs them right into it, it will be OK.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My dealer does it that way too! and I don't like it, so I always take it to the dealer in my trailer. I don't think it would be to good of an ideal if you had a 02 sno-pro because the coolers are in the running boards!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!  Yea, he lifted it where the belly-pan curves under, where it is flat(The plastic just forward of the running boards/but before the exhaust outlet).  It seems that it is where you would put the pads of a sled dolly but without the strap that lifts the rear bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts