Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am buying my woman a sled this year so she can come riding with us. She has driven my Mach before in an open field, but that's about it. Nothing on the trails.

Anyway I went used sled shopping and found basically nothing worth the money.

Then I was talking to my buddy and he is selling his girlfriends sled which is a 1998 Vmax 600 SX. It's in great shape with a few cosmetic extras. The odometer either said 2200 miles or 3200 miles...I somehow forgot. Anyway he is only asking $1500 for it. I personally think that price is great, but I don't really know much about these sleds. What do you guys think of them?

One other thing....He has bolted a polaris xtra 10 suspension on it. I don't know a lot about sleds, so I'm not sure why he has done this. Is that suspension better or worse than stock? I do know the reason he did it though....He had the sled parked overnight and someone actually stole the suspension right off of it!!!! That's crazy.

Anyway, thank you for the help.

-Josh

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
You can't go wrong for that price! Heck, I'm trying to get $2,800.00 for a mint 99 MXZ500 with 1,900 miles but would get the 600 over it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Darn I wish I could get a deal like that :p

Brothers friend picked up a 92 Exciter 4000kms for $400 because the previous owner couldn't get the sled started all of last year and it turned out a wire was disconnected :withstupid:

The 98 Red with gold graphics SXs were the best looking Vmax based Yamaha's IMO

·
Registered
660 Posts
The xtra-10 is a better suspension. Probably one of the best on the market.

Even some Polaris riders with M-10 suspension (newest design) change out theirs for the xtra-10

just my opinion, but I've worked with both yammies and Polaris, and prefer the xtra-10.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow...thanks for the Replies guys. I talked to my buddy on Saturday morning and I told him that I would take the sled. Gonna go give him the money tonight.

Thanks again for the helpful info...anything else to add?

-Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts