Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, I know its not a "91" because I still have a "91" I use for a spare. Its eather a 92 or a 93. Anyhow on older Arctic Cats the first two numbers of the serial number is the year of the sled.

Auggie

·
0 Posts
The sled that you added the link for is a 1992 Carb 700 sled. In 1992 is you ordered a efi sled it was the old chassis. From what I remember Arctic Cat was trying to introduce the efi in 1991 but they had mapping troubles with efi. Most of them blew up real quick. After they got the mapping issues resolved they came out with the EFI in 1992 but it looked like the old chassis.
I still own one of the carb sleds that I bought new in 1992 and it looks like the one on e-bay. You will find the year of the sled in the serial number. IF it starts with 91 its a 91 and if its starts with a 92 its a 92. Arctic Cat might have had some 91 chassis that they sold as new 92 efi's and they might have the 91 serial number. Are you confused yet?

·
0 Posts
Auggie,
The 1993 Wildcat sled had the windshield on the hood and the 1992 had it on the handlebar with a fairing like the picture.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My sled has carbs not EFI and looks like the old chasis. I just ordered a windsheild from Royal distributing for a 92 EFI thinking it was the same chassis, it will probably be here tommorow. I'm going to check the S/N today. :cussing:

·
Registered
959 Posts
i know they were just starting to come out with efi then so chances of it being carb and a 91 are good the one in the pic is a 92 i have a chassi like that that im gonna put a zr engine into and play with it

·
0 Posts
Spider,
Look at the serial number of the sled and it will tell you the year. I can't guess with out seeing a picture and its hard to say if somebody put a carbed motor in a efi chassis.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Team_Arctic,

What ZR motor are you going to use? I've been looking a pic's of 2000 ZR 700, and the engine is almost identical to my wildcat. I've read that the 700 twin is pretty much unchanged except for the carbs. At least I know I have an engine that is proven, even if it doesn't have as much HP as the new engines. I'm hoping to surprise a few 600's with this old chassis!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts