Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14 inches of fresh snow over the past 24 hours in Fort Smith, NWT...another 4 on it's way.  Sledding from early November through May...what a country!

·
Registered
546 Posts
NWT? are you on a motrorized sled or dog sled? LMAO.

PS how are the bugs up there in the spring?. lots of them or few.

·
Registered
360 Posts
nice nice

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Way too many bugs in spring.  Starts with mosquitos, then graduates to horseflies.  The quads can barely outrun 'em!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Out of the pump, it's about 90 cents/litre for 87 octane.  The cardlock sells 91 octane for about 80 cents.  I have a 225 litre sliptank that the bulk dealer fills with 92 octane for 70 to 75 cents/litre.  That much fuel doesn't last me that long (2 sleds), but the dealer is very good about delivering on short notice.

http://www.virtualfortsmith.com/

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
from november till may could even get a few of us diehards depressed.  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
mxz7,
 a friend today said just fuel and oil cost him $.50 per mile on his thundercat so right you are.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I dunno Paul.  It took me moving to a place where winter barely thinks about paying a visit to realize just how much I liked the season.  With the A/C already on down here, I sure wouldn't mind a couple of feet of snow right about now.  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
poor old wolfman with a sled in texas, he must get the ribbing that my wife gets here in ontario. she has horses and i am constently whooping at her that if she had a sled atleast when she shuts the key off the money stops unlike the hay burners that never quit burning the bank.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got back from a great ride.  100 miles of powder!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Surprisingly, nothing.  Not many people around here know that I have it, and the few that do, know that it came down when I lost my storage in Denver.  I got quite a bit of ribbing when I took my YNP trip though.  Everybody down here whined about how cold it is up in the mountains, and couldn't understand WHY I would ever want to go up there.  
 To these people, 50 degree weather is time to don the heavy jackets.  I'm still running around in short sleeved shirts and taking nightly walks without a jacket.  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
mxz7,
 those two gluesticks are off to a horse show at day break for another expense toward a happy woman.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lawn?  Is that one of them green carpety looking things around your house??  Haven't seen mine in a long time.

Looks like it may all be coming to an end.  Sunny and well above freezing all of this week.  It was a heckuva run though, usually we only get about 4 months of sledding.  The normals for this date are around 13 C, so this is really unusual.

Last run of the season today, by the looks of it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Zog.....What are you trying to do, get everyone to move up north?  This is just a guess....You ride an MXZ 700, and it's probably black.  You sound like the type of person that would add a few mods to that sled as well.  Snowmobiling in May......oh sure!!  What are you going to tell us next..you ate homemade Deer Sausage yesterday?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmmm....let's see...that sounds like someone who burnt a few drums of fuel in the T-Cat yesterday...and will burn a few more later this afternoon!  

Too bad the sledding season is over... a load of venison jerky will be ready tomorrow!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts