Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that it has gotten a fair bit slower in here lately and since i'm not within 3 hours of decent riding i've been brainstorming about why it's so slow.Please feel free to add your theory as well.
1-everyone but me has found that secret place with lots of snow.
2-you are like me and spend your time in the garage drinking and sitting on your highly polished sled and making engine sounds.
3-you broke your computer in frustration over reading another crappy weather report.
4-you figured that since there is no snow you might as well suck up to the old lady and try and get some brownie points for next season in case we get snow.
5-you actually discovered that you can have se$ in the winter if your not sleddin all the time.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Now that the school break is over things are slower than last week but i think that alot of people gave up on this season and are probably on a boat or bike forum...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yeah..I will also be on here year round!
  Summer is when you get to play with your mods.!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i think that when we got the email the board will be shut down everyone tried something else tonight. z800rtx doesn't know yet that 20 years of marriage has no affect on brownie points, these girls don't want us burping flatulent fellows near them and then they don't want us spending money.  
 so we are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I know where I have been
...........Driving back and forth to my dealer
Anyways, I'll be here all summer long to share my intelligent and thoughtfull knowledge with everyone here. I am bursting with wonderful knowledge so don't hesitate to ask

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'll be here all summer as well. But unlike snow boy, I'll be like a sponge and absorb all your valuable info.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I am about to throw in the towel for this season as well.  Tried to do some riding in MN on Tues. and Wed. and all the snow was gone the day I got there.
 8" of snow melted in one day!!  I did manage to put on 30 miles or so, but most the miles were puddle jumping and grass.
  All I have to say is next season better make up for itself.  BUT, no matter what I will still be around here.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Thats some funny s### zrt. But there is probably a least a month left of sledding. If you want to drive. I'm driving 7 hrs each way to get to cochrane and it is well worth it. Seems like there is sledding events all summer this year too
 -horseshoe valley hill cross
 -calabogie peaks hill climb
 -uxbridge pond drags
 -fenelon falls grass drags
 i'm sure there are lots that i don't know about.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sorry but im still sledding every day..and we are getting another 8 inches as i type. hoping to get another 3 weeks yet but we'll see. i agree its been a bust winter for a lot of ppl. hope el nino doesn't screw us again next year!! steve.

p.s. come up to northern ontario and if your going by temagami honk your horn as you drive by!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I've given up on riding this season, but not the sport.  Between now and next season I have to buy the wife a sled, decide on what enclosed trailer to go buy, and paint my ZR black this summer.  If my job allowed it, I would surely get another trip in this month to WI or UP, since they will have snow for a while.  Will still be checking in here frequently for all that knowledge that Snow Monkey has to offer.....

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm trying to convince a few buddies to try and do one last trip up north this year.The wife has packed it in for sleddin this season so if i make it up it'll be with the boys.I gotta go one more time cause only 1900km in a season is horrible and i can't get rid of a sled with only 4800km on it.I'm gonna take pauls advice and not bother to try and get some brownie points.I've decided to drink beer and eat pickled eggs all weekend,sit around in my underwear and break wind all while watching my sledding tapes

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have 1300 kms so far this winter but im lookin for 2000 so im not finished yet, and you guys down south must have gotten snow after all because it is rather quiet in here as of late.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts