Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been snowing for 3 out of the last 4 days  and its going down to at least -7 tonight with a chance of snow tomorrow. It is very unfortunate that our base was disenegrated by the rain storm 2 weekends ago because now we have 2 feet of mud underneath 12"+ of snow. If it stays cold there may be limited running on the rail bed and some forest access roads, be very wary for washouts.

pic taken at 10.00AM thursday,march,21,2002

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I would still ride as long as you're not throwing up mud.  

·
Registered
858 Posts
We had more snow in the last 4 days then in all of winter. The worst part of it is that I have a thesis and 2 term papers to write for the end of the month  

·
Registered
530 Posts
Same here.  We've had our whole winter piled into one month.  I really dont care, as long as we get some snow to ride on.  I think we've seen about 30" of snow this month.  Thats about what we saw the whole rest of the winter.  Go figure.  

·
Registered
360 Posts
Permafrost let me know if its good enough to bring the kids up on one last ride?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Permafrost, just #$%ing dandy! I bring the sled back to the big smoke and won't be up this weekend and now we get snow. I think I ran Eel's Creek up to the Pheasant 3 times after it finaly froze up safe and then we get the rain and lose all of the snow around Apsley. If the township didn't plow the side of the streets down to pavement every time we got snow, we wouldn't be so dependent on riding the creek out of the village.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a pic of the highway 30 minutes ago

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your dead right on that revrnd they scrape it bare i don't even consider apsley a gas stop because of it.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a pic of the gade on my driveway.  There is plenty of snow to shred around on  Crazyb. Gonna go out for a longer ride in a few minutes

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here another pic of my driveway. WOT and NO mud showing

·
Registered
858 Posts
Stop posting pics, I'm going to cry

·
0 Posts
Hey you should at least be happy you have some of the white stuff.....where I am at it sucks

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hello my fellow sleddin buddies I live near Ottawa Ont and it has been snowing for about three days now. I can't believe this for the first day for spring. I think I am going to take the sled out tonight. Last weekened the snow was almost gone and I was starting the summer storing process. Maybe I am going to get a couple more rides out of this season yet.  
 Sorry for you fellas that have no snow.  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
We have about 5 inches but my sled is broke!
I hope to get out some time this weekend.  Most seasons the plows do a good job of keeping a nice layer of snow on the roads out here (dirt).  This year I have had to cross complete dirt all season!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I guess I could have gone up to the folks and rode around the yard till the snow was flattened out. Just like a couple of kids I saw north of Havelock one day. They were riding their Kitty Kat around and there wasn't a spot on the yard that they hadn't ridden on

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
well i guess its never too late, sweet for the first day of spring. Conditions are looking good looks like i am riding this weekend and tommorow, then to cochrane on thursday for the grand finale.

A pic of the field by my place taken today at 5.55pm

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did it again posted under ladyk's name. The last post was from me not ladyk.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
LOL!  Getting too excited for this weekend are we permafrost?  I would be.  Oh, I saw that pic of ladyk's tatoo!  Nice!  I am going to get one with the ski-doo symbol right in that same place as Ladyk has hers!  Can't wait.
 HAVE A BLAST RIDING!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts