Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a little ring that was still on, it wasnt really holding anything up thogh because it was loosly on the shaft. I put the sled on its side, stuck the end of the shaft in the left side hole. Then i beat the right side and it popped out. I was so excited i could have jumped for joy.

I also took out all the wiring.

Look at the mess
Luckily i found a wiring diagram and it looks to be all there and mostly original.

Any idea what this is? It has high and low on it. Im not sure if its the high and low for the headlight because that switch is supposed to be on the handlebars. Which there is one. The switch in the pic is to the right of the cut off tether switch (where a tach. would go)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like im missing a bearing on my secondary clutch shaft, can you buy those?

What is that switch??? Nobody on any site has answered me.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Yes you can buy them , I was wondering why it would be missing there did it come off while you were taken it apart?

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
looks like im missing a bearing on my secondary clutch shaft, can you buy those?

What is that switch??? Nobody on any site has answered me.[/b]
ya gotta give us more time to answer then 18 minutes.

you may not be able to buy the bearing from a doo dealer but a little research and a good bearing place (vxbearings) should land you one.

As for the toggle switch, The vintage section is a little slow but you can ask there.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
time to pressure wash and sandblast

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you can buy them , I was wondering why it would be missing there did it come off while you were taken it apart?[/b]

Yeah, i think it fell off when i took it apart.

I dont want the toogle switch. I would rather like a tach. Just not sure how to hook one up.

I dont think im gonna sandblast the body, it'll take too much sand. Ill just use my palm sander. But first i think ill hose it down. We dont have a pressure washer.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
id be a little leary of sandblasting it, u might blast holes in your chassis.[/b]

No, just turn the pressure down.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I must give You credit... You were on a mission and you did it ! , ( with a little help from the great guy's on SW ) :wink:

Snow4

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Now i REALLY want to meet you all.[/b]
Paul Yarek makes home visits :p

Just watch he does bite sometimes

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for ALL your help. Now i have to start cleaning parts, straightening the body out, painting, ordering parts... the list goes on

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Congrats Nick

You just proved that perseverance pays off most of the time.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

Now's the time to do it, so that she'll be all done and ready to roll when the snow blows.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
There was a little ring that was still on, it wasnt really holding anything up thogh because it was loosly on the shaft. I put the sled on its side, stuck the end of the shaft in the left side hole. Then i beat the right side and it popped out. I was so excited i could have jumped for joy.

I also took out all the wiring.

Look at the mess
Luckily i found a wiring diagram and it looks to be all there and mostly original.

Any idea what this is? It has high and low on it. Im not sure if its the high and low for the headlight because that switch is supposed to be on the handlebars. Which there is one. The switch in the pic is to the right of the cut off tether switch (where a tach. would go)

My guess would be after-market heated hand grips like Hot Grips. They have a high / low switch

[/b]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts