Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought my first item to kick off the summer mod season . It's not that much but the out come should be huge differance come winter . Alot of you know I won a set of KD risers at this years charity ride ,So I bought a new set of bars for the project yeasterday. These bars are a set of motorcycle bars I bought and are 2 inches wider than the factory bars and have about a 2" rise. With the 2" rise and the 4" of the risers it sets up what im thinking is going to be perfect for me. With my factory set up now with the post position moved up and my bars are adjusted as far forward/up as the mobile shield will let me I was lacking about 2" to having a bend in my arms when standing. With my new bars and risers in the rear post setting it looks like it will be perfect .

Here's a few pics , now it just need to dismantle the cockpit get the swap in and then figure out what to doo for the shield and hand gaurds. Im think im going to mod the mobile shield so i dont need to buy a new one and just have to buy the guards to make it complete.

OH BTW the bars where 20 bucks w/pad! and are steel so they wont hurt the efectivness of my handwarmers. I was thinking of filling them with foam though to help insulate them more and I herd that it helps in the viberation dept too.

Ill get more pics as I go , might turn it into a how to vid for everyone for referances.

Mutt

[attachment=36150:100_0133.jpg]
[attachment=36151:100_0135.jpg]
[attachment=36152:100_0136.jpg]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's gonna look sweet, buddy! I really like the way you painted the design in the risers.[/b]
You know me.. have to be differant and uniuqe :whistling: almost went with white bars but i thought it would take away from the risers, there was red bars too. spent 30 min deciding on what color to buy :crazy:

mutt

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW w00t That is going to look SWEET on your sled. I like the handle bars. The cross bar on them gives it a nice touch. :thumbsup:[/b]
I like the cross bar too , also hoping it will help from any bends when I get it over a little toooo much on the balancing act when carving.

mutt

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man Rick your gonna get alot of looks w/ that set up!
Can't wait to see the finished product! Can You say
Photo shoot! :thumbsup: -Dave

P.S. Hope budda doesn't see this might give him an idea or two! :undercover:[/b]
That boy is going to be frazzled .. new sled long summer . So how many times you think he thinks of that new toy in a corase of a day ? :crazy: If he copies.. well i have whenches :devil: lol.( J/K MATT ):undercover: . The only one im worried about is Snow4 , as soon as she sees what I'VE done she says .."wow I like that" and you can see the gears turning . Notice she has a 136 and she likes the risers and the can , OH and she has mention her sled and clearcoat in the same conversation TOO! :dazed: The scary part is ..I have to sleep sometime and she knows where my tools are! :unsure:

MUTT

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
nice bars, im getting fly to but im getting aero tappered one with 1 1/8 thick at mount tapeer to 7/8. fly is kind the snowmobile bar now, more and more people using them. im getting the KTM bend, 4 rise with 7 degree up and 10 back.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
The only one im worried about is Snow4 , as soon as she sees what I'VE done she says .."wow I like that" and you can see the gears turning . Notice she has a 136 and she likes the risers and the can , OH and she has mention her sled and clearcoat in the same conversation TOO! :dazed: The scary part is ..I have to sleep sometime and she knows where my tools are! :unsure:
MUTT[/b]
Yes Hun, I know exactly where your tools are ! , and the good thing is, black and Red sleds are so interchangable... roflmao !! :whistling: [attachment=36153:0534.gif]

Me

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got one word!........SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! !!!

·
10,054 Posts
Indeed, time to let the modding begin. I have me a long long list on the firecat. Shes sitting in the garage right now with the motor tore completely apart. All new gaskets, pistons, cylinders renicked, new reeds, new temp gauge, new pac system, new seat,,,,,,,
gonna take some time to get everything pulled off. I also like how you painted your risers,,, think I might borrow that idea for mine, with a little green tint to them.
Post some pics when you get them on the sled Rick,,,

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
I already have my setup ordered :devil:

I looked at the fly setup but wanted the aero bars, not compatible with Idooski risers so I opted to stay oem with hooks.

Looks sweet Rick, by the end of the summer I think we are going to have to line em up for a photo shoot.... idooski cookout :lookaround:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep mod season is now open, it's been brewn for some time now. I am having a hard time keeping my hands off it for the time being till I get a few other things done around here. When I start the teardown it's going to be apart for some time . As soon as the riser mod is in place and have a idea on the windshield configuration ALL the plastic is coming off for the clearcoating prosess.
During that time it's polish,polish and more polish.

I hard a real hard time yesterday walking by the sled and not touching it ( did do a alot of stop and stare/thinking though :whistling: ) After today I should be able to start into it .

Yes matt it would be cool to have the sleds at the bbq this yr. There was a nice line up last yr just did'nt have ours back together then , hopfully they will be this year. I should have them done by then since there's really no big mechanical mods this year. Is Idooski have the bbq this year ? im assuming he would but havent herd anything yet,if not im sure we will get together before the white stuff .

Hay brian.. if you use yellow or red on those risers(doo colors) that cat will hold the corners better :lmao: . Sounds like you have a project to keep you busy for a while !

ok guys need to run washing n waxing the truck today , might have a treat for yas later if i get going and not spend to much time stopping at the sled for a stare or two :blush:

mutt

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:thumbsup: keith , not to early though. I thought it worked out great last year with hastings and all. We could be riding then too the way mich weather is !!!. Ether way count on snow4 and I will be there. Oh dont forget the silly dog tricks for the ones that missed it last year w00t .

Time; I dont know the angle , all the sticker said was it's for a yami. I'LL get a top veiw pic , their curved but not much.

mutt

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok the truck is done, not to shabby for a 7yr old ride, finished the carnuba body rub sunday eve :wink: [attachment=36203:truck_buffed.jpg].
OK on with the risers..started messing around with them.
yeah belt dust here too!![attachment=36204:100_0143.jpg]

I took these to give everyone a idea of how much it will change from stock bars w/ the mobile . I proped them up fairly close to where they will sit . (timespent) these might help your ?
[attachment=36205:100_0149.jpg]
[attachment=36206:100_0151.jpg]
[attachment=36207:100_0150.jpg]
[attachment=36208:100_0152.jpg]
Now it's time to pull the grips and stuff, will update as I go .

mutt

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New update.......

OK there on and set just have a few loose ends to tie up and get the windshield configuration done(modding the mobile).

ran into a few tips that might help with some issues some are having..

some have broke the factory clamps when tighening them down. Here is what I have done possibly to help from this happening .

1 , on the clamps themselfs I found that the flats(tops/bottoms) where not flat so I filed them flat to allow equal clamping pressure acrossed the whole clamp.
2, instead of elimanating the plate for the center cap I made a new( 1/8" steel )one to agian hold equal pressure across the whole system.
It seams that these clamps are getting overtighten on one bolt or another and cracking the clamp . Not to mention they are kinda cheap (thin castings)
[attachment=36370:100_0192.jpg]
[attachment=36369:100_0191.jpg]

here's the way she sets as of now , getting ready to get the windshield and hand gaurds set up and then I can tie everything up.
[attachment=36371:100_0204.jpg]
[attachment=36372:100_0205.jpg]

As soon as i get more done ill update agian

mutt

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
See that sled in the background with the cover still on? Well She's next..... for now, I'm just watching the Mutt Mod.. :lmao: We will be calling you about mine Keith. :wink:

Snow4

1 - 20 of 31 Posts