Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on a fishing forum. At this point, it's "hearsay" as I haven't been able to find any news yet. This was posted yesterday. Regardelss of what the situation is, I've seen tracks going across lakes already up here in Elliot Lake. Do your familly members a favor, stay off the ice. It's not safe yet whatsoever.

The Emergency Response Team are currently searching for a snowmobiler on Lake Nipissing near the Government Dock/ Water Treatment area the ice does not freeze in that area very well at all, he went through just as the sun was setting making the task of finding him all that much harder. I will keep yas all posted as soon as I hear anything.[/b]

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Found this on a fishing forum. At this point, it's "hearsay" as I haven't been able to find any news yet. This was posted yesterday. Regardelss of what the situation is, I've seen tracks going across lakes already up here in Elliot Lake. Do your familly members a favor, stay off the ice. It's not safe yet whatsoever.[/b]
I can verify that there are lots of tracks on the lake already. They all seem to be sticking close to shore, and as the lake is very shallow along the shore of Nipissing the risk factor is pretty low, but if you can't swim, and in cold weather, you don't need to be in much water to die.

Venturing out on the lakes this time of year IS RISKY BUSINESS!! DON'T DO IT!!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I can verify that there are lots of tracks on the lake already. They all seem to be sticking close to shore, and as the lake is very shallow along the shore of Nipissing the risk factor is pretty low, but if you can't swim, and in cold weather, you don't need to be in much water to die.

Venturing out on the lakes this time of year IS RISKY BUSINESS!! DON'T DO IT!![/b]
:huh: I would think that would fall under common sense factor :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts