Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im stumped on this one. I was doing well all by myself and now i cant figure out how to take the drive sproket out. Do i have to open up the chain case?

Need help ASAP

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweetness. thanks. One last question, when i take the cover off will oil spill everywhere?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, im assuming the drive sproket is the thing that drives the track that is closest to the front of the tunnel towards the top. (it has teeth)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, thanks for your help, looks like im heading back out

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, that didnt work or im doing it wrong. Ive got the chaincase cover off and the gear.. Now what? Does its just push through?

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
on the other side(left side if you are sitting on it) there should be three or 4 bolts holding the sprocket drive bar in, take those out and push the sprocket towards the right side and it will allow you to tilt and pull it out. you didnt really mention which sled.....(unless you mean the 80 citation?!)

actually you don even mention what you are doing, changing the track is what i assumed...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is the 80 citation which has right side chaincase. (if youre sitting on the sled). And yes i am changinf the track/ doing suspension maintenence.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
under where the gear was do you see 3 nuts ? remove them and pull plate off . you should now see the bearing . if you have loosend the retainer on the left everything should shift to the chaincase side and then drop down the shaft on the left and slide it out . sorry to leave you hanging ... I just got back from a bike ride

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I did a track swap on my yamaha this spring and this is how it went. Remove speedometer drive cover, look on the inside of the tunnel on left side and loosen the two set screws on the bearing collar. Remove the chaincase cover bottom sprocket and then the inside cover. The drive axle just slid right out for me then. I took it to the right and then tilted it down and out to the left. I don't know how similar this is to your citation but I wouldn't think that they'd be that different. Should be similar anyways.

Hope that helps.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok ,so the track is out, but, i couldnt get the drive sprocket out. I did get it to shift right but then it wouldnt pull out. It seems like theres a bearing on the chaincase side thats keeping it in.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know i had to take one out to get the gear off, is ther another one?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I dont know ? I`m not there :whistling:[/b]
lol. If someone knows of a parts diagram for a sled that old on the internet then we could probably help more.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
YES there is another C clip

it is a big one

look at the pic below of my Skidoo

That C Clip holds the bearing

Cats/Poo/Yam are diferent