Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question in regards to the Jackshaft on a 2007 600HOCFI...Does not seem to be a grease fitting...I see one on the driveshaft..where the speedo pick-up is...Does anyone know if the Jackshaft uses a sealed bearing...One dealer technician did not know, and the other said.".remove the driven clutch..no zerk then sealed for life" ... I was reminded that the driveshaft must be greased religiously..

And the response from the Polaris email system suggested to contact a local dealer tech...you already know their answer...

I even looked up other models via the polaris online parts catalog...looks like all the new HO's and Fusions have a sealed jackshaft bearing on the clutch side.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
My '07 HO w/carbs is the same way. I've read where a few have carefully pried out the seal, then cleaned/packed the bearing and reinstalled the seal. I'm afraid if I were going to go to that much trouble I'd be tempted to leave the seal off and install a zerk like we're used to seeing. Can't think of a good reason not to, and bet I can be done quicker with that job than dinking around with that seal - and not have to woory about it again later. FWIW

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way there is a new Polaris bulletin out on the 07 600HO CFI's A CPU reflash to 08 spects...as well as a throttle cable adjustment....Bulletin is S-07-10...Adjustment will be done free of charge.

The claim as stated in the bulletin is "..Maximize snowmobile drivability and cold starting capability. You may notice benefits such as improved power continuity..."

FYi to all 600Ho CFIowners

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was just out in the garage getting my sled ready to go for the year (and to take it out for a rip in the new 6" we got today). I was looking for my jackshaft zerk and can't find it. Is the 06 600 the same as the 07 (as in, no zerk)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
By the way there is a new Polaris bulletin out on the 07 600HO CFI's A CPU reflash to 08 spects...as well as a throttle cable adjustment....Bulletin is S-07-10...Adjustment will be done free of charge.

The claim as stated in the bulletin is "..Maximize snowmobile drivability and cold starting capability. You may notice benefits such as improved power continuity..."

FYi to all 600Ho CFIowners[/b]
also s-06-13 cooling hose length reduction, s-07-10 2007 600 cfi reflash,s-07-04 chaincase cover bracket,s-07-13a throttle cable kit install only,s-07-13b cable&cable kit install only

1 - 5 of 5 Posts