Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me about a 98 Jag 440.  Horsepower numbers, suspension(good as AC's top sleds?), is the rear suspension coupled front to back and back to front??  Even if your guessing, let's hear it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don'tknow the specs on this sled but the horsepower will probaly be around 50hp the suspension won't be quite as good as the top sleds. Arctic cat didn't start coupling the rear suspension till 02 models. Basically this is a starter economy sled so you won't win any races but is still a fun sled to drive and it's fuel economy will leave you smiling.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hum.. I rode one of those before...  What kinda riding you gonna do? Not power on low end.. And after 40 Mph.. not much punch left in it.. but if your gonna just casual ride a trail.. Sure!! But if you want some performance.. Go with a Z or Zl.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My little brother used to have a 97 Jag 440 which should be real comparable.  Great consistent sled but not alot of punch.  When we were younger in the 120-150# range they had more than enough power for anything.  My dad 220# rode it on the trail to and did fine up to about 70mph on hardpack trail.  As far as suspension it should have AWS4 on the front and fastrack long travel on the back but no TSL.  Overall it was a great sled.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Jag 440 - 42 Hp - 425 lbs dry (i think) - fast track long travel suspension w/13.5" travel but no coupling - aws 3 or 4 (not completely sure)

sled should be spunky til 50 mph then creep to 70 give or take. excellent fuel milage and very nimble.

steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts