Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told by my friend who works on dirtbikes, that the jetting adjustments, air to fuel, fuel to oil, are located on the side of the carb.  i coudlnt find any adjusments there.  where are they??

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The only adjustments we have on our carbs is the idle mixture.

The main jetting is a set size.  If you want to change them it requiers buying the jet size that you want and installing them inside the carb.  

I think this set up is more reliable and safe on engines as sensitive as ours.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sledcrazy,

If you want more info on mikuni, here is the training manual from the mikuni technician course.

http://www.mikuni.com/carbtech/pdf/vmmanual.pdf

I don't even know what year your sled is, but it may have TM flatslides in it unstead of VM round slides. In any case, the only difference is where the Idle adjustment screw is ( and obviously a flat slide and not a round slide). All the rest of the parts are still there. Pilot jet, Jet needle, needle jet, Main Jet.

There is no more information needed. Print the mikuni Bible from the link I posted, read it and study it. Make it your new favorite book.

You have alot of questions related to carburation lately, I am suspisious to know why. Your sled is an MXZ 600 right? To my knowledge there is nothing wrong with this motor in stock form. I am currious as to what you are trying to achieve.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts