Snowmobile World banner

Jetting for head mods.

920 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  1000-IMP 
#1 ·
OK i will start by saying i just had my heads cut a reshaped now the specs the technician told me is im at 14:1 on the compression chart now set up for 0-2000 ft at about 0-20 degrees where should i start the jets at i know im going to have to fatten them up considerably but how much right now im at 330 mains and lowerd the needles down a notch so they are in the middle and i am running 112 octane,so,i think im going to go to 350 mains and deal with the needle as i go,this is on a 99 zr 700

#2 ·
14:1 on a trail engine? and 112 octane fuel to boot(by the way, what brand fuel are you running?)   you will have to richen it up a little, just keep checking the plugs and piston wash.  If you plan on doing anymore mods(one thing leads to another :)   you should look into getting something to monitor EGT's.  It is hard to burn down an engine on race fuel, but it can be done.   anyway, make sure you take down a few doo's with your cat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.