Snowmobile World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i have a couple of questions im a newb to sleds but i do have some mech. experience just not with carbs. the problem is i think i am running rich my plugs dont foul but they are always dark, when i start my sled it starts fine but i have to take it off choke within 15-20 secs. or else itll idle way down and die. from 0-1/4 throttle it seems to deisel? i think thats the right term for it then from 1/2-3/4 it seems to have decent power but nothing too special, but from 3/4 to full it flatlines bad and tops out at 85mph not that i ride at that speed alot but it seems slow my buddies sx600r is walking me in the fields and another friends 500ss i believe it is beats me every time from a stop or rolling the guy i have service my it suggested dropping two main sizes (from factory the sled is stock) does this seem right or are there some adjustments i could make on my own to tune the carbs? oh yeah the temps. i ride in are +10-30F any suggestions?
- i forgot to add after riding and restarting it will idle very very low and i have to blip the throttle to get it to idle around 1500rpm

1 - 1 of 1 Posts