Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2001 MXZ 800 WITH A RK TEK HEAD AND SHIM , AND V-FORCE REEDS. EVERYTHING I READ, I SEE TO GO DOWN IN JETTING TO AROUND 420'S-450'S. WHEN I GO DOWN IN JET SIZE THE SLED IS NOT MAKING ANY POWER. WHEN I PUT THE BIG 500'S BACK IN THE SLED IT SEEMS TO RUN BETTER. DOES THIS SOUND WEIRD TO YOU OR SHOULD I BE CHECKING SOMETHING? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I also added a shim from Kelsey when i got the head. I forgot to mention that I am at sea level.THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi there, you said you got v force, what are your fuel screws at, I have v force and I have to put them at 1/4 turn out to 1/2 ,just to get the flutter out from the reeds I set my mains at 430 for now may go lower, I to run the sea level rktech head. Did you do the needle shim movement, I run the adjustable needle. I only had a chance to run mine down the road but it seemed nice and crisp. Search snowest.com and do a search under rk tech .you will read more :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
17.5 PILOT, 430 mains, fuel screw 2 1/2 out, shim under the head of the jet needle, stock needle jet, br9es plugs, put stock reeds back in. Start here and let me know what happens. P.S. let me know what your compression is and your squish clearance. :doh:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Speed - On the needle, you say under the head. Is this richer/leaner from stock? Did you lift or lower the needle?

·
Registered
556 Posts
800mxz, when you put the shim on top of the jet needle this will lean it out but only in the midrange.I run a totally different setup and i would have to explain alot. Ericmxzx440, do what i posted and i am sure it will fix your dilema. Let me know how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts