Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a complete 670 for my sled, here is a list of things done to it. it is set up for summer watercross right now. i will be running it with a single pipe and a can. case has been ported and polished as well.
14.2:1 comp
501 cut hub rotary plate.
MAG 370 AA-4 Tube
PTO 350 AA-4 Tube

Rotary vavle timing
PTO side - top rotary bolt marking
MAG - TDC

Clutch:

280 ramps
16.7 solid black pins
spring 230-320??? 4800 - 5000 engagement

i do most of my riding on the ice, the guy i bought it from said i will have to rejet, and said i might have to change the tubes as well. any help is appreciated. thanks how much power is this engine expected to have, and will i even remotely keep up with 800 triples?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, i cant understand how no one on this whole entire forum can possibly help me. does anyone have even the slightest knowledge on carbs.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Well let's see now, you need to tell us:

1)What year 670 (type 669) it is
2)What size carbs your running (40s 44s)
3)Rotary valve timing in degrees
4)What is the lowest temp you ride in
5)what altitude
6) What sled (so we can figure out gearing and secondary spring preload

No one can guess these things (least I can't) fill in the blanks and help is on the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the guy said it is a 95 670. it is running 44m carbs. i would say the lowest would be -20 but it can get a little colder. i dont know my altitude, i live in ontario canada. southern ontario.
and i have a 95 formula z , previously a 583.
the guy told me the case has been completely ported and polished as well, which is true i had the carbs off and noticed it. currently runing 370/350 jets

1 - 4 of 4 Posts