Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the summer I plan on overhauling my wildcat 650 that is now a 700. One thing i wanted to do was remove the air box and put on the seperate k&n airfilters as well as get a louder pipe.

***** Now before I get slammed by people who think I will annoy anybody and be a nuisance thats not the case. We are on private property in the middle of the country with no neighbor's. My always tells me as long as she can still hear the sled she doesnt worry. Louder pipe means more distance to play.

My main question is while making these changes is there a formula to determine proper jetting or is it trial and error. With these changes is there any other mods that need to be done. Can you get fuel/pressure regulators for sleds??

Thanks john

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK, here it is. Its stupid to put on a loud can. Makes more noise and less power.
Two negatives.

Aftermarket PIPES can make more power. May be louder even going into a stock 'can' due to thinner walls used for weight reduction.

Removing the airbox also makes less power, as a general rule, and more noise.
Did it on one of mine, and regret it. The Airbox in modern sleds is a resonant tuned
integral part of the engine airflow system.

Removing airbox and adding aftermarket can will make you very loud and significantly slower than stock.

Oh, and jetting is going to be 1 or 2 jet sizes more on the mains and may require
changes in e-clip position on the needles and bigger pilot jet. Will burn more gas to
go slower.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts