Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally played with the sled today when I wasn't stuck behind my snow-virgin friend doing 20mph.  On the lake I raced a few friends.  '99 or '00 SXR 600 with shaved head, '01 ZR 500, '99 ZR 700, '01 SXR 500.  I was dead last out of the hole, but caught and overtook all but the SXR 600, but I would have gotten him if we didn't run out of lake.  I was quite surprised that I beat the 700 so bad, and surprised that I caught the SXR 600.  The SXR 600 rider has a big mouth and always has to be a hero, and even he complimented the capabilities of my sled.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Arne't those new ZL ss's the best riding sled you have ever ridden?  
sounds like it was fun on the lake, did you have a neutral starter for your runs across the lake??  or one or those helmet nods
then go, that yamathing, was that the triple or twin?  My 800 ss is bad quick out of the hole but does not have the top speed i am used to,,

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I'm still not real happy with the suspension, but since this is my first sled, I don't have a lot to compare it to.  The rear spring adjustment was on its softest setting and I bottommed constantly last week.  This week I set them to the middle setting and it was a night and day difference, but it still bottommed a lot.  I'm going to try the highest setting next week.  Now that I'm getting used to the sled, I'm able to keep up with that nutcase on his SXR 600 (It's a triple by the way).  He rides pretty crazy, or at least faster than I like, but I was able to stay right with him, and at any speeds I dared to go, the sled never bounced off the snow.  If I can stiffen it up a little bit more without making it bounce, I'll love it.  Hopefully stiffening up the front will make it as stable as my friend's ZR.  His sled corners a lot better than mine.  I can't ever keep both skis on the snow around corners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts