Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just any suggestion on what i could do to up the speed on my 93 indy classic, not a lot just enough to wipe the smerk off my buddy's face when we race 1000 or more feet, i can take him in 5 to 600 feet but he pulls away after that.......cat is stock 94 ext 580 efi
polaris is a 488 @.20 over (496cc) everything else is stock.......any suggestions please

·
Registered
14 Posts
:devil:. Are you running 21/39 i would clutch her get a 40/36 proggsive helix a slp black/blue secondary get a good spring about 140/300 and get your self a set of polais racin weights the name of them are A-25 the part number in 216087 notched 49.5 gram weights and if you have enough money pop for set of heel clicker clutch kit 321 canadian there the best clutch kit's for polaris and if you have the chance get a signgle pipe will give you a 6 horsepower increase and your powerband stay's the same max rev 7900 and let her ingage at 4500 to 4800 rpm you'll make him think twice about lineing up for a second run and of course make sure you have her jetted good i run 270 main's with 35 pilots i run from 0 to 2000 feet mostly at sea level so you might have to rejet well i hope i helped you have a great winter ps kick his ### fella

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by 500Indy@Nov 5 2002, 07:14 PM
just any suggestion on what i could do to up the speed on my 93 indy classic, not a lot just enough to wipe the smerk off my buddy's face when we race 1000 or more feet, i can take him in 5 to 600 feet but he pulls away after that.......cat is stock 94 ext 580 efi
polaris is a 488 @.20 over (496cc) everything else is stock.......any suggestions please
Buy a Cat! :D lol
This post is for all of my buddies that ride polaris :p

·
Registered
708 Posts
If you are racing on a lake or hardpack surface, change the limit straps so you take as much pressure of the front end as you can. this should gain a few more mph out of the sled. also make sure you run a new belt and a little octane boost in the fuel. otherwise there is not much you can do the 580 is a fast sled for its day. I used to race my brother in law on his 90 indy 500 when I had a 550ext efi and usually we were neck and neck.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Why add octane boost? If you are jetted properly, run regular 87 or 89. Octane boost does nothing unless you have shaved heads or extreme advanced timing where you would need the slower, leaner burn....

·
Registered
708 Posts
i like to use it when i am not sure about the fuel. Sometimes 87 octane is just that and to me it helps keep octane rate consistant.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Polaris blue primary spring 10M5 weights 49.5 40/36 and yellow EPI spring in the rear should pull 100mph on the lake. With stock gearing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts