Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my machine in earlier for its fall tune up! It needed a new primary. They wanted $759.99 with out waights etc. So I purchased a comet clutch (108EXP) for $399.00 calibrated and had POLARIS install it.  Now with only 340 miles on it the primary bolt came out bent to a 90* angle and made a mess of everything. So I brought it back to them and they say they won't cover anything and I need to buy a POLARIS clutch.  What do you guys think? Is that fare to me?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why in the world did it need to be replaced? Also $759 is way high. I see them used for a couple hundred and new for around $ 350 to 400. And yes it seems they should make it right. After installing any clutch you should retorque the clutch bolt, but they should have let you know that. Thats my .02.                 Tom

·
Registered
791 Posts
Must have been canadian dollars which is still high i priced one out for 659 hear in saskatchewan .

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
What was exactally wrong with the old clutch for them to say you needed a complete new one because they are completly rebuildable unless you had worn aluminum parts.I have taken clutches with thousands of miles on them and replaced all the bushings,rollers buttons etc and they were like brand new for a fraction of the cost of a new aftermarket clutch.As far as buying a comet that was a mistake as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
RIP OFF

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Unless the clutch had cracks in the alum. then there should be no need to have it replaced. Should have been able to rebuild it. Do you still have the old clutch? I would look into this further cause these guys are ripping you off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a two year old Polaris a few years back that the outer sheeve cracked on and the bushing moved. My Polaris dealer replaced it no Charge. I Replaced one on my Ultra touring two years ago that was cracked and the belt had worn a groove in the face. with 4,000 miles on it. I got a discount from my dealer friend but complete it was $289.00

They are definitely taking you to the cleaners

·
Registered
18 Posts
XC 600, how much snow in Yorkton?? We live 140 miles west of that city..Usually go to Goodspirt, then to Yorkton, heard not much snow north of you. Is that so?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Hey I rode there before
 We went to fishing lake and rode north to the park......nice area....when we went it was to the bar all day accross all the fields and they were so smooth. Hey do you know Randy Colenut...(not sure on spelling).
Is there snow there now?? We are going to preaceville and Hudson Bay on saturday I heard they have tons of the white stuff. I am going with some friends and some guys from the Cat dealership here in Regina.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
We were up in Preeceville riding a few weeks back. Best rides of the year up there. If they got more snow since I was there the riding should be awesome. I haven't been to greenwater yet but are probably going next year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
sled-head, Don't know Randy, we got 3 inches of snow here Tues., we are about 50 west of Preeceville, so I'm not sure if they got any..Trails from Kelvington, north to Greenwater are good, also east to Lintlaw..So I would think Preeceville should be good also.. Happy sledding...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts