Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good price? The pto side piston ring is broken. It pulls over but I'm going to tear it down first. It has a clear tank and the nice shocks all around. The track is mint with double picks down the center. The front end is jacked up and the ski's are tipped in slightly. I do like the reinforced running boards like my 02 800 cce. Any issues with these sleds? I was thinking of installing the trail piston kit so I can run pump gas. Whats the clicker knob by the servo motor do? Why is there a vent for the brake disk? Anything else I should know about this race sled? It is liquid cooled. The previous owner bought it new and raced it 3 times. Not that many hours on it but the kid blew the motor last year on the trail. The green death I think took over. Any thoughts? Whats it worth if it was running?
thanks
matt

·
Registered
980 Posts
I don't think there is a trail piston kit, but I believe you require new cylinder heads to get the compression down for pump gas. $800 sounds like deal even it was just for a rolling chassis. If you only need a couple of new pistons and new heads you can probably be riding with a little less than another 800 into it, as long as nothing else is wrong with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it was the recoil side piston chewed up. The jug is junk so I am ordering one from al's. Not a bad price. Also going to order wiseco piston kit. The whole sled is in good shape. The carbs are all gummed up and the tank smells bad. I bought new main jets, 310 ,320. going to try the 310 first. Also going to put a new hose in the tank and all the way to the carbs. The track is mint and the suspension is still tight. The hood is in great shape. No cracks or anything. I heard these sleds eat up motors but with the right tuning it should fine I think. I already have a zr 6 and a zr 8 so this is a new edition for me. what else can I expect from this thing?
thanks
matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts