Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the K&N Snowchargers?  I was looking in a site called, denniskirk.com and they have these kits in there.  Does anyone know if these kits work well?  I have a '98 zrt 600 and was thinking about getting this kit.  Will this kit help me out at all?  As far as cars, I know that the k&n is worth around 5hp.  At least thats how it is in my Mustang.  From what I understand, you have to remove the air box and replace it with this kit and then rejet.  Can anyone give me any opinions in this manner?  Thanks

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Well i'm in the process of installing K&Ns on my 00zr500.  I don't think I would do it unless you are good at setting carbs up and mechanics in general.  I had to fabricate a new mounting bracket for the coil, fuel shut off, and pump.  I know most models you have to do this to.  On mine I'm also making a shield for over the drive shaft cause my filter almost rub on it most don't have to.  Snowmobile World did a good article on K&Ns.  I think you should be able to find it in the Tech section if its up and running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts