Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a V-nose drive on/off 2 place aluminum trailer. I was wondering if I could get some opinions from people who have had experience with these two brands. I want either a Karavan or Triton trailer. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fennsz,
Before you buy check out the Renegade by Rance www.rancealuminum.com. They make a great inline trailer that pulls great and you can see behind you when you drive without oversize mirrors. I have a four place and just love it.
Paul

·
Registered
483 Posts
Go with the Triton, higher quality than the Karavan. Your next choice would be what model of Triton to get..XT, LT, or Elite. I own the Elite 12', very satisfied with it, no problems.

·
Registered
708 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I have a Karavan Ultra 2 place tilt. Compared to the equal that Triton makes,I saved about $250.00  
 It is a great trailer,put together very well and highly recommend them. Also the Karavans are made in Fox Lake Wisconsin,40 miles away from me. Tritons are probably the top of the line. I assume you are wanting an open trailer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have 2 Triton and they are great.  I have a 10' elite tilt and a 227 Prestige enclosed.  Last year I had 2 Karavans, now they are both gone.  Nothing but good things to say about Trition, and they are the top of the line.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a triton elite, its a super trailer.......I've not heard good things on karavan, but perhaps they have improved them... The one post mentioned rance, and they make very good trailers. Had a rough rider trailer made by them and used it for years.....  Good Luck....  DooZ....  

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Triton is the most expensive but I would say the most reliable... and there customer support is great. I needed a part for the tie down bar and they sent me extra parts in case it broke again no charge and it was there in 2 days. I had made the mistake of cross threading the bar into the hole. That hapens I hope. You can get those drive off ramps/slush guards for the v nose which is very convenient

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey, I've got a chance to buy a 2002 enclosed  10' triton. It's in excellent shape and comes with ski protectors and a spare tire. My question is this-will a Firecat and a '97 Panther fit in it  (I mean length wise I know it is wide enough) and is $2000.00 a fair price?

·
Registered
483 Posts
F7neck, I would say you would be better off with a 12' trailer (that's what I bought)....the stats on the Firecat measure it at 118"...just 2" to spare,that's too close for my comfort, especially with a cover on it. If it was open I would say no problem, can hang off the back a little. I would say that is a good price though, for a practically brand new covered trailer.Just my .02.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. I have a 2000 Karavan with a salt shield that works just fine but I hate the thought of getting that new F7 all wet. With any luck I won't need the trailer this year. I had a dream last night that we had a foot of snow in October here in upstate NY. We're due for an early snow!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts