Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use to keep that sled Shined during the season?
I just waxed it, but have heard of people using pledge during the season for a quick clean and shine. Has anyone else done this or heard of it? SWRules

·
Registered
296 Posts
i wax it at the beginning of the season with a liquid type wax, usually nufinish. then thats it, it stays pretty clean unless i submarine the thing through a muddy river.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Meguiars Mirror Glaze quick spray was do not use pledge that is a dealer trick to keep them shiny on the way out the door

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have been using Pledge on the windshield of my cat and also motorcycle for over 25 years. It takes the spider web look out and relly cleans it up. Pledge is not a WAX only a filler. Use a real good quality of wax designed for FiberGlass..Then you can use pledge to keep it clean and looking good....

·
Registered
392 Posts
My sled has a painted hood (all non-green Cat hoods are painted AFAIK), so I use car wax.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
The best product for the hood because of the light scratches would be a polish... I recommend 3M liquid polish for the hood and windhsield.... then coat the hook with a mothers wax over it.... The 3m polish is good because it reallly helps preserve the shiny hood look and its easy to apply and take off.. P prefer to do this once before each trip... Some advice froma a detailer

·
Registered
678 Posts
Powder, you must really like Suzukis, you list 4 of them on your sig. :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Pledge works fine for in between rides. The water does seem to bead up with it! Use a good wax for plastics or the polish is good to fill any fine scratches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts