Snowmobile World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 touring 440 fan cooled. Got the sled not running. Checked and found stator and pick up defective. Replaced with new aftermarket. Tests good. Installed cdi box and it started and run for 10 min and just quit. I replaced with aftermarket cdi box from Royal Distributing 2 times and it is doing the same thing. Should I be using all OEM parts or any idea what is going on. I need help

·
Registered
24 Posts
When in comes to electrical components, I've have nothing but bad luck with aftermarket. That being said, you may find it difficult to find new oem parts for that sled. You may have more luck with used parts.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
my experiences with aftermarket , is they don't use same range components,, resistors ,,capacitors,, diodes , when one is out of range and spikes a 5 volt circuit , its all over ,, its kinna sad they are allowed to sell such a product and make money

·
Registered
159 Posts
other than that make your harness is not rubbed thru and grounding out ,,any where on the sled seen that on repeat failures ,, double check out put voltage also if its to high it will do the same

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When in comes to electrical components, I've have nothing but bad luck with aftermarket. That being said, you may find it difficult to find new oem parts for that sled. You may have more luck with used parts.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I am searching for used. Having a hard time finding. I'm sure in time I will get it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my experiences with aftermarket , is they don't use same range components,, resistors ,,capacitors,, diodes , when one is out of range and spikes a 5 volt circuit , its all over ,, its kinna sad they are allowed to sell such a product and make money
Thanks so much. I agree
other than that make your harness is not rubbed thru and grounding out ,,any where on the sled seen that on repeat failures ,, double check out put voltage also if its to high it will do the same
I have checked for rubbing wires but I have not removed all of the harness and checked. That is going to be my next move. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts