Snowmobile World banner

Keilin carb. help   700 xc

10K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  GJR 
Hey guys,
 I have a 2000 sp. The boost bottle helped some. I think the biggest difference in the sled was changing the clutching. I added a epi clutch kit and that made a huge difference. The current helix bogs motor down at lower throttle positions.  I also changed the needles (to the above mentioned) and dropped them down 1 from stock. There were many articles last year criticizing Polaris for the clutch set up in these sleds. If you want to stick with Polaris parts in the clutch you can use a R11 helix, silver blue secondary, and a almond gold primary. The EPI kit has a more aggressive angle at the top.

As for the Power Pac from SLP i had no luck.  SLP claims there are no other mods needed. However when I installed them I was getting 3 mpg. When I called them they said that this happens a lot?
Great to know after I purchased the parts. I didn't believe they were worth the tuning problems so I took them out. If anyone wants to try them I'll sell them cheep!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.